• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski patrol said “Jump, we’ve got this”

ColdRain&Snow

Ski-lift-fall.jpg

MidnightJester

Hmmmm which case lol

Lawsuit with the Heavenly Gondola one will settle before court if it is even possibly to sue. Maybe she could claim scared of Gondola's and Snow for life. No real injuries mentioned in most articles
~~by modern American Lawsuit standards~~
1-She has nerve damage in fingers and extremities
2-Lost bladder control
3-Lost ability to properly emotionally connect and have sex with partner
4-Has nightmare's and PSTD
5-Dirrectly afraid of all mountains and enclosed spaces, Elevators, Etc.
6-Vocal damage
7-May never properly ski again : ) She looked forward to and might of one day be a black diamond riding superstar

The Hey drop off the Lift and we "Almost slowed your fall" between you slipping off the lift originally and that being a "in the moment" rescue attempt not sure if there is a case for that one even if they missed and mis-read the landing spot. You had a mix of (Ski patrol, Workers and Good Citizens) on a angled(even 1 degree with bumps) frozen "Alpine" environment.

Last edited:

raisingarizona

They better no pat her on the back, it could be broken.

The article is a little hard on the ski patrol imho, I mean they get paid like crap and everyone makes mistakes. If it is a lack of training and exercises than that's on management and available resources, not the guy making 18 an hour out on the mountain.

thetrailboss

Staff member
They better no pat her on the back, it could be broken.
Creepy Rob Katz was commenting about the incident at Heavenly. The snowboarder falling from the chair was at Mammoth. That's Alterra.
The article is a little hard on the ski patrol imho, I mean they get paid like crap and everyone makes mistakes. If it is a lack of training and exercises than that's on management and available resources, not the guy making 18 an hour out on the mountain.
I mean, it's not like Alterra has $2.89 Billion leftover after purchasing a ski area and could fix this issue. Oh wait.... ;)

raisingarizona

Creepy Rob Katz was commenting about the incident at Heavenly. The snowboarder falling from the chair was at Mammoth. That's Alterra.

I mean, it's not like Alterra has $2.89 Billion leftover after purchasing a ski area and could fix this issue. Oh wait.... ;)
Exactly