• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski slope Interactions, confrontations & Fights with and without Mountain Ops/Security.

MidnightJester

Interesting video with a person asking for Mountain ops to intercept/stop a person over a on-mountain issue. Have you ever yourself or had someone else have a person chase you down to confront about a issue?

Is trying to escape up a lift the right escape plan lol. Pretty sure someone would be waiting at the top once mountain personal are saying stop,

2Planker

As a 40+ year patroller, YES People ask for you to intervein for the stupidest, most petty reasons. Especially lately, maybe in the last year or 2......
Parking issues, taking their table at lunch, smellin' weed on the lift.....

That dude is a f'king moron stopping where he did. I would have sprayed him myself for that douche move.

Come on folks, Grow Up for christ sake and just enjoy the skiing while it is at it's best so far :)

Last edited:

urungus

Crazy chase scene in that video. Guy filming it is a bit of a Karen, though. Stops in the middle of a crowded run and then calls getting sprayed with snow an “assault” and chases down mountain ambassador to intervene ?

DrPeteG

Would love to see the reaction on the Mt Ops person's face after seeing the " Assault". Risked personal harm, stopped the lift for others. All for nothing

pinion

I think I've skied in New England too long. At the 1:00 mark when he's preparing for the "confrontation" my first thought was "why is this kid still clicked into his bindings?". If someone came up to me bitching and said "I've been skiing alot longer than you" that's not gonna end well.

KustyTheKlown

the guy who bothered to edit and post this video is a fucking toolbox

ooof but the offender has a maga hat which is just about as bad.

lol it gets better every minute. shout out to flying squirrel.

also fuck vail and their dumb little yellow jackets.

everyone in this video is a loser except the squirrel.

oh my god it gets worse "I saw you spray this guy after i told you to tighten up. no more switch, no more joking around." lol yellow jacket you can fuck right off.

a damn shame that this otherwise hero dons a maga hat on the slopes. but also, fuck his dumb race skis.

omg lol he gets away and the yellow jacket is SO WINDED

Last edited:

pinion

ooof but the offender has a maga hat which is just about as bad.

a damn shame that this otherwise hero dons a maga hat on the slopes. but also, fuck his dumb race skis.
maga.JPG
Make America Gape Again

There is SO MUCH going on in this video I have to question if it's not staged. Guy escapes... on skis... uphill... lift line cheering for him lol

Last edited:

KustyTheKlown

Ah ok. I was trying to see if it was a make america DEEP again. I’ll give the hat a pass but I also don’t like things that play off that horrible slogan. Horrible slogan, horrible design, embraced by the very worst people. Doesn’t deserve more attention

thetrailboss

Staff member
Interesting video with a person asking for Mountain ops to intercept/stop a person over a on-mountain issue. Have you ever yourself or had someone else have a person chase you down to confront about a issue?

Is trying to escape up a lift the right escape plan lol. Pretty sure someone would be waiting at the top once mountain personal are saying stop,
Another day, another incident at Park City. o_O:rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

thetrailboss

Staff member

I remember seeing this a few years back. As someone said, seems too good to be true. The culprit happens to be wearing a MAGA hat? And the filmer happened to know to take a hard right to the park instead of downslope while in pursuit? That yellow jacket ambassador was NOWHERE to be seen when the incident occurred and yet he knew all about it further downslope and on the right trail and right time. And the whole "stop the lift" nonsense was just ridiculous.:ROFLMAO: If it was legit than the ambassador would have just yanked the pass instead of going into a whole diatribe about "we're going to ski patrol at the top." Give me a break. I've never seen anything like that before. This seems staged. It reminds me of this gem that, again, seems to be staged IMHO:

Last edited:

jimmck

So much to unpack here as a long time patroller myself.

The video dude stopping in the middle of a trail. C'mon man!
The new skooler tucking towards video dude and spraying him. The tuck-n-spray maneuver feels like it was set up. C'mon man!
The ambassador. Holy cow if that ambassador was on my shift I'd speak to the Hill Captain about asking him to leave. Stopping the lift? Really? We're going to patrol at the top - like you're going to ride up with him and chew him out the entire time? If patrol is at the top, use your radio or phone to contact patrol at the top. Give patrol the chair number of the new skooler and why you want to speak to the new skooler. C'mon man!

And...this video was uploaded to youtube in April of 2017... C'mon man!

ThatGuy

If its not fake the guy making the video is another level of tool.
Calls that an assault 😂 buddy try Long John on a Saturday if you want carnage