• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing for beginers

D

Dado

I am comming with a group of 6 to Killington for Thanksgiving most of us only with the beginner skiing ability. Following the trail reports we are a bit concerned about the number of easier level trails opened. Does anyone has more info on amount and conditions of easier trails.

Thanks

tree_skier

Early season isn't the best time for beginners as genreally the best trail to hold snow are the advanced ones. However if you are going to go early killington isn't a bad place as thier massive system and unlimited water allows them to make alot of snow and they should have beginner terrian open by then.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
good luck! heh!!!

killington has a seperate beginners area on the killington access road. not the place i'd bring a first timer, especially not on a busy holiday weekend during early season.

the actual snow conditions will probably be fine unless the weather turns sour. conditions don't deteriorate as fast on flatter beginner terrain, and K will be able to have the beginner area covered and well groomed by thanksgiving weekend.

there are some beginner terrain spread accross killington peaks, but it will be crowded and yahoos will be out en force. good luck.

if you haven't actually confirmed plans, perhaps try another area such as bretton woods which will have lots of beginner terrain open by then and won't have the same crowds. probably about the same price too, same ball park at least.

Charlie Schuessler

I agree with riverc0il, if you're looking to ski got Bretton Woods!

I do not believe skiing Killington for beginners over Thanksgiving weekend a wise investment in terms of enjoyment on the slopes....however the ACCESS ROAD night life on the other hand can't be beat.