• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing on the Cheap - 2012-13 Edition

Mullen

Anyone know a good source to book single day bus trips through? I'm near hartford CT. Ski Market used to run them.......I think REI does too but I haven't been able to find any info on the rei site. Search function didn't get me any decent results.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
http://www.pricechopper.com/savings/ski-passbooks

Passes can only be redeemed Sunday-Friday, non-holiday. Price Chopper is not responsible for lost, stolen or expired Passbooks.

Choose from among the following two packages: Our $119 Family Mountain Passbook features three passes, each good for an all-day lift ticket at Toggenburg Mountain, Wachusett Mountain, Bolton Valley, Plattekill Mountain, Windham Mountain, Jiminy Peak, West Mountain, Song Mountain or Shawnee Mountain for just $119, or our $149 Big Mountain Passbook, featuring three passes each good for an all-day lift ticket at Mount Sunapee, Gore Mountain, Whiteface, Smuggler's Notch, Bromley or Mount Snow.

ScottySkis

Hunter mountain on Cyber Monday
50% off cost of a single pack you get a lower hill ticket, group lesson, and equipment rental normally $79, so it should be less then 40. Sorry can't put up a link yet I posting from my phone.

jaytrem

For anyone who collected Coke Reward points, a Smugglers Notch non-holiday ticket is available for 825 points. Hopefully more options will be available soon. I got hooked on them after somebody mentioned it in last years thread. Pretty good program, so far I got some free Shutterfly stuff and McDonalds food, and 2 Six Flags tickets. I don't drink much soda, but luckily a lot of other people do.

ScottySkis

For anyone who collected Coke Reward points, a Smugglers Notch non-holiday ticket is available for 825 points. Hopefully more options will be available soon. I got hooked on them after somebody mentioned it in last years thread. Pretty good program, so far I got some free Shutterfly stuff and McDonalds food, and 2 Six Flags tickets. I don't drink much soda, but luckily a lot of other people do.

You could buy the Price Chopper pass ,big mountain includes Smiths , 3 tickets for approximately 50 per ticket sound pretty good.

bheemsoth

Anyone know a good source to book single day bus trips through? I'm near hartford CT. Ski Market used to run them.......I think REI does too but I haven't been able to find any info on the rei site. Search function didn't get me any decent results.

I am also located near Hartford. There are many ski clubs that are part of the Connecticut Ski Council that run weekly bus trips. Check out skiclub.com for a full listing. Not all clubs run trips, but I know the Manchester, Meriden, and AE Ski Clubs run trips on a somewhat regular basis. The AE Ski Club trips are likely almost full by this point (I would check before enrolling) and I don't know about the other two. All the clubs are a great value though, between the bus trips and the discount days.

jaytrem

I cant imagine being able to accumulate that many points unless you work for a restaurant or something!

I got about 3,000 in about 8 months or so. A good amount from co-workers. On guy drinks Desani water, that's like 20 points a package, another guy buys the big Costco 30 packs of Coke, that's like 25. Then there's a bunch of bonus point stuff, so they actually add up pretty quick. I'm sure its not for everyone, but I get a kick out of.

PS The reason I'm up at 1:30 is I'm putting a log on the fire and waiting for it to catch good (referance to Killington thread).

Smellytele

I got about 3,000 in about 8 months or so. A good amount from co-workers. On guy drinks Desani water, that's like 20 points a package, another guy buys the big Costco 30 packs of Coke, that's like 25. Then there's a bunch of bonus point stuff, so they actually add up pretty quick. I'm sure its not for everyone, but I get a kick out of.

PS The reason I'm up at 1:30 is I'm putting a log on the fire and waiting for it to catch good (referance to Killington thread).

I thought you drank so much coke you couldn't sleep...

jaytrem

Hopefully I get mine soon.:dontknow:

Wait til you see it. Of all the ski cards I've had over the years this is by far the most....hmmmmm.....home made looking. But for $119 I don't care if the print it on a rock.