• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smuggler's Notch 1/30/2015

Loaf Nut

Date(s) Skied: January 30, 2015

Resort or Ski Area: Smuggler's Notch

Conditions: Powder

Trip Report: Temps in the 20s, low wind, and almost a foot of fresh snow by the time we called it quits at 3:00. Driving from Stowe village to Smuggs, we were surprised to see that schools were open as usual in Johnson. Connecticut superintendents would never get away with that! Smuggs had already picked up a good amount of snow earlier last week, and they avoided the rain storm two weekends ago. Thus, contrary to some reports from New Hampshire last week, conditions were great underneath what fell on Friday. The mountain was relatively busy for a Friday, possibly due to a D1 college race on the Practice Slope, but we still never waited more than five minutes for a lift.

IMG_0193.jpg

IMG_0200.jpg

gimme789

Those pics are making me drool. BEAUTIFUL. What are the trail names ? I have never skiied Smuggs, I really need to.