• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smuggler's Notch

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I have yet to ski Smuggler's notch, hoping to soon. Everything I've read on the forums here reports it as very much underrated for expert level terrain.

lstone84

I have yet to ski Smuggler's notch, hoping to soon. Everything I've read on the forums here reports it as very much underrated for expert level terrain.

The terrain is pretty awesome. Tons of great glades and steeps. What seems like a disadvantage in having very slow low capacity lifts is actually beneficial on a powder day as it stays fresher for much longer, especially when it's snowing.

mlkrgr

Good stuff; though I'd still ski Stowe @ $77 a head transit provided from Boston from posted over Smuggs @ $64 and drive yourself. Upper Spruce offers the Smuggs experience crowdwise w/ a fast lift, with quite a bit of Mansfield as well.

lstone84

Good stuff; though I'd still ski Stowe @ $77 a head transit provided from Boston from posted over Smuggs @ $64 and drive yourself. Upper Spruce offers the Smuggs experience crowdwise w/ a fast lift, with quite a bit of Mansfield as well.

Part of the benefit of Smuggs is the slow, low capacity lift. It prevents the trails from getting skied out as quickly and provided additional benefits when its snowing and freshening up throughout the day. Spruce doesn't offer anywhere close to the amount of terrain as all of Smuggs. I love Stowe but the majority of time its way too crowded to enjoy, which sucks.

lstone84

crazy

I forgot to mention that I left from Boston late Thursday night. My girlfriend's flight was supposed to get in at 9, but didn't until 11 pm. We left at midnight. It took 5.5 hours and we got there at 5:30 am. I got my stuff ready and headed to the lifts, I never slept that night. My girlfriend crashed at the hotel for a few hours and met up with me later. I wound up going ~40 hours without sleep. No way I was missing that storm.

Cornhead

I forgot to mention that I left from Boston late Thursday night. My girlfriend's flight was supposed to get in at 9, but didn't until 11 pm. We left at midnight. It took 5.5 hours and we got there at 5:30 am. I got my stuff ready and headed to the lifts, I never slept that night. My girlfriend crashed at the hotel for a few hours and met up with me later. I wound up going ~40 hours without sleep. No way I was missing that storm.
Passion, kudos.

Cornhead

Smuggs used some of my footage for their Facebook video:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mFUNrKQvdGY

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Cool, I've had a couple TR's linked on ski resorts Facebook pages this year. The best was getting my picture in a Eureka Tent ad in Rolling Stone 30 yrs ago, not the cover, but still pretty cool. Head full of hair, 175lbs, I'm now completely bald, 250lbs, yeah sure that's you.:D

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

MadMadWorld

Smuggs was awesome today. Great carving snow. Some of the best tree skiing was in the high traffic are after people already broke up the crust. Base is soooo good on most tree shots. Shakedown and Attitude were a dream!

MadMadWorld

Groomers were unbelievable. Some spots on Sterling was windblown but every thing off of Madonna II was great. I highly recommend checking it out!