• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Smuggs

Shredder of Gnar

Never been there, but have some free tix from Warren Miller show, so may head up after the holidays. Are there always good bumps there, or does it depend? What are some decent places to stay, clean and reasonably priced, along the lines of Hydeaway at Bush or North Star at K?

Savemeasammy

Do yourself a favor and wait until the conditions at Smuggs are prime before you go. The bump skiing there has been pretty lackluster when I've been. For me, Smuggs is more about it's classic New England trails, and it's very challenging terrain. The headwall on the Madonna liftline is the real deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WoodCore

One does not go to Smuggs to ski bumps! :wink:

deadheadskier

Staff member
TBH - the bumps on Free Fall were pretty good on Saturday. Though I get what everyone is saying.

MadMadWorld

All true statements. Smuggs rarely gets consistent bumps because terrain follows the fall line (for the most part). And throw in the fact that they rarely take out natural hazards on advanced terrain. Smuggler's Alley can get decent bump as well as the trail next to the race course on Sterling (can't remember). Come spring time, Upper FIS can get serious bump lines but they tend to groom it through most of the year

If you are a zip line bump skier I promise you will still have a shit load of fun!!

Shredder of Gnar

Thanks everyone for the input on the bumps at Smuggs - it's kind of what I suspected. Does anyone have any input on the question about where to stay there?