• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow Bikes

mbedle

Not sure if this is worthy of a thread, but has anybody seen these being used at a ski area? I just noticed that Stowe's webpage has been updated to include these as an acceptable sliding device. They even provide details on what lift they may use on, loading instructions, etc.

Edd

Saw a guy at Black Mountain in NH using one at least 7 years ago. Looks fun.

drjeff

There were a couple of guys who you would see fairly regularly at Mount Snow on them last Winter

oldfartrider

I saw some snow bikes at Gunstock back in the 80s. Also saw one a couple years ago at Crotched and talked to the guy

mbedle

I'd like to try it, looks kind of fun. Seem to be a little bit on the expensive side for the nice ones.

ThatGuy

Saw two guys ripping them at Stowe last season on a powder day. They were flying down some moguls it was quite impressive. Also a guy at Mount Snow I’ve seen on one. Looks fun but I’m sure I’d get hurt trying.

Ski2LiveLive2Ski

They rent them at Big Snow (indoor place in NJ) if one ever wanted to try one out fairly affordable ly in a tame environment.

Always figured they were largely for people intimidated by or icapable of skiing