• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow..coming ???

BenedictGomez

Frankly, the way this is evolving in real-time, I'm getting worried a bit, especially for n.VT. This due east jog was not forecast on the models, and I hope it STOPS soon and turns north.

BenedictGomez

FYI, the GFS has another snowstorm for Monday.

This one was always "there", but was previously cutting under NJ and the O.T.S., now it's modeled to head north instead. So far it's the only model to do this, so fingers crossed that it's not just an error.

BenedictGomez

Give the Euro is clearly going to be the winner on this storm, maybe we should think closer towards this verifying most closely as the output for many.

Euro.jpg

cdskier

about to do the same :)

I want to go up Thursday night...but I'm struggling with whether to ditch my dad. The snow in NJ screwed up his work schedule a bit, so now he needs to work Friday morning. Do I leave him and go up without him Thursday night? Or do I wait until he's available and just go up Friday for the weekend? He said he'd understand if I left him, but does he really mean it? Probably one of those decisions I'm going to feel bad about no matter which one I choose.

urungus

I want to go up Thursday night...but I'm struggling with whether to ditch my dad. The snow in NJ screwed up his work schedule a bit, so now he needs to work Friday morning. Do I leave him and go up without him Thursday night? Or do I wait until he's available and just go up Friday for the weekend? He said he'd understand if I left him, but does he really mean it? Probably one of those decisions I'm going to feel bad about no matter which one I choose.

Get your dad to take the train on Friday afternoon and pick him up in Rutland.

https://www.amtrak.com/content/dam/.../Ethan-Allen-Express-Schedule-P55-102317R.pdf

cdskier

BenedictGomez

Absolutely DUMPING here in NJ.

I shoveled off the back stairs and paver stones, which probably took less than 10 minutes, when I went back to the stairs to go inside there must have been a new 1/3 inch! Rates must be pushing 3"/hour.