• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow damage from recent warm up.

Bene288

I figured we could call out trail counts and webcam images from the entire Northeast. Maybe help those who are skiing this weekend make the best choice. Mods, please move this to the weather forum if needed.

I'll start with my home turf - Gore down to 7 trails today. OUCH. Hopefully it's mostly preservation. But I know the ADKS did get A LOT of rain. Glensfalls reported 3" according to the local news.

The Catskills looked like they held up better than the north country. Hunter's cams aren't terrible, Platty's single cam doesn't look awful, but I am not familiar at all with that hill.

From Belleayre's website -

"Snowmaking resumes full bore today and we are going to be pounding the mountain including blasting the bump trails! Our groomers will be out in force getting the mountain into awesome shape for the weekend."

So how did the rest of the New England region hold up?

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Killington went from over 100 trails to 40...40 trails for k the end of Jan is really bad. Temp is 23 now and im sure the place is all ice....God we need a big storm.

wtcobb

Lots of flurries and snow showers in the forecast over the next few days. Here's hoping it amounts to something more...

BenedictGomez

The Catskills looked like they held up better than the north country. Hunter's cams aren't terrible, Platty's single cam doesn't look awful, but I am not familiar at all with that hill.

The Cats have dodged the worst of virtually every thaw or freak weather occurrence this season. I'm sure they're suffering to, but my guess is that other than perhaps n.VT they're probably in about the best shape.

ScottySkis

The Cats have dodged the worst of virtually every thaw or freak weather occurrence this season. I'm sure they're suffering to, but my guess is that other than perhaps n.VT they're probably in about the best shape.
Hope platty has open trails off the double this weekend.

steamboat1

Didn't ski it but stopped at Jiminy on my way home from K this morning. It didn't look bad. Still looked to have good coverage on the main slopes from what I could see.

JDMRoma

BW is down to 45 trails, Most will be groomed but only one is showing snowmaking on it.......hope that changes.
Looks like its back to Groomers only, it will take a serious storm to be able to go back into the glades.....Starting over here we come !

AdironRider

Winter just returned here with a bang. 2-3 feet in spots over the past couple days. Could be headed your way the way the jetstream is flowing right now.