• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

snow tires for 215/65R16 tire size?

cdskier

Just ordered a new set of snow tires for my truck. Tirerack's price was cheaper than my mechanic can get them from his wholesale supplier...

Although crazy that the tires are about $50/tire more than they were 5 years ago. (Was $102/tire back then and $157/tire now). That's a big increase...

2Planker

i really dont know jack shit about buying new tires but i do know i want winter tires this year. my all-seasons that came with the car are at 45k and need to be replaced anyway, so i am going to get snow tires next month for the season, and new all seasons in april/may.

i just got an e-mail from nissan with a 4th tire installed free promo. i ran a search for my car/tire size and these were the options. the cheap one is surprisingly cheap. anyone have any knowledge of what i should choose from this list? or anything that isn't on this list i should consider?

thanks all.

View attachment 54762

View attachment 54763
From that list The Nokian's are the best i've ever had in 30 years of Audi quattros. Went thru 3 sets of Blizzaks which are good.
The Michelin's are pretty good now.
Best new tire not on your list is the Continental Viking Contact 7. Switched from the Nokians last year. Outstanding on an S4 in the northern MWV

KustyTheKlown

From that list The Nokian's are the best i've ever had in 30 years of Audi quattros. Went thru 3 sets of Blizzaks which are good.
The Michelin's are pretty good now.
Best new tire not on your list is the Continental Viking Contact 7. Switched from the Nokians last year. Outstanding on an S4 in the northern MWV

Thanks! I ended up with blizzaks. Installing next week.