• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowboard Bindings recommendations? Where's the innovation?

Cannonball

All of my bindings are 4+ years old. And for various reasons several pairs came to the end of their lives last winter. I haven't been following what's out there over the past few years, and now I'm just starting the search for bindings for this season. I'm pretty disappointed with what seems to be a lack of progress, innovation, and even quality over the past few years. It seems like everything I'm looking at is basically the same as what was offered 5 years ago, or in many cases it looks like designs have degraded.

Anybody excited about any new bindings out there? Am I missing something? What's hot? Any recommendations?

FWIW: I generally like a stiff, aggressive binding. Although I'm not super heavy (~185) I ride hard on somewhat larger boards, so durability is a key selling point.

Thanks!

BigJay

Color has been a major game changer in bindings. Now, you can pretty much get any color you want.

Forget leather straps... all cheap plastics now... and they'll break within the next 2 years.. so you'll get new ones with colors that match your new kit.

Big B still offers the most confortable bindings... but durability is no longer a criteria for conception.