• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snowridge - Fri. 2/1/13

Rambo

Cornhead and I skied Snowridge today. Snowridge is located in Turin NY on the Tug Hill Plateau about 1.5 hours northeast of Syracuse NY. They often get decent dumpings of Lake effects snow off of Lake Ontario. Took about 3 hrs. from Binghamton. Snowed hard from Syracuse to Turin where Snowridge is located. While on the short stretch of NY Thruway saw a car in the opposite lanes go into a massive power slide and slide down into the median. Looked like the guy may have been able to drive it out. Went through Rome NY and Booneville. Seems like lots of snowmobiles in Booneville.

Got at Snowridge about 9:10 am and they opened the base lodge at 9:30. Lifts start at 10 am on weekdays. If you present a seasons pass from a New York ski area you get a lift ticket for $15. (normal rate for a weekday is $21 for 6 hours and $37 for a weekend ticket). They had 13" of fresh fluffy powder. Takes 5 minutes up the lift and about 2 minutes down the 500 ft. vertical. Did a lot of runs.

Cornhead was talking to a family that came down from Canada at lunch break. Also talked to a guy from Albany who tries to ski Snowridge after they get a dumping of lake effect snow from Lake Ontario.

002.jpg

003 (2).jpg

pic of Mr. Corn
009.jpg

010.jpg

012.jpg

Rambo

Cornhead and I were originally going to go to either Plattekill or Hunter on Fri., but Mr. Corn decided we would try Snowridge because of the dumping of fresh snow they got. Anyways seems Snowridge is great to hit anytime they get a decent dumping of lake effect snow... they are forecast to get another 9" tonight.

A few more pics:
Mr. Corn again "powder-meister"
014.jpg

015.jpg

018.jpg

024.jpg

deadheadskier

Staff member
How many people were there? 12? I count 10 total throughout all your pictures.

Sure looks like an awesome day. 500 vert don't matter. 13 inches of fresh off of lift serviced and having the place to yourself = priceless.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
How many people were there? 12? I count 10 total throughout all your pictures.

Sure looks like an awesome day. 500 vert don't matter. 13 inches of fresh off of lift serviced and having the place to yourself = priceless.

Well said.... the snow looks fantastic