• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Steamboat Day one !

JDMRoma

Woke up to 12 inches of new snow on top of everything they already have ! Epic day was had….started off on Storm peak…awesome early on in the morning…drifts 2ft …soft fluffy white snow !Started my day on Dynastar Cham 107 HMs, they were fine but decide to swop out for the Rossi Soul 7s for the afternoon. LOVED the Rossi's, lots of fun in the Glades…..Yes Glades are open :) Spent the afternoon over on the Sunshine Express, but there was no sun to be had…snowing ALL day and still coming down as I write….. I met up with a local who showed me around, very nice day…although walking is not good. Getting rested up for day 2……Going with the Rossi's !!!

Attachments

• Steamboat-1.jpg
    Steamboat-1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Steamboat-2.jpg
    Steamboat-2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Steamboat-3.jpg
    Steamboat-3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 117
  • Steamboat-4.jpg
    Steamboat-4.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 117
  • Steamboat-5.jpg
    Steamboat-5.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 119

skiNEwhere

Nice pics! I've heard steamboat has been getting hammered this year, and I checked two days ago and they were almost 100% open. Once all the crowds from winter vacation die down I'm gonna head up there.

Way to get the goods!

JDMRoma

I will try to bring some back with me for sure….
Crowds have been light so far, only line was Gondola at opening and outer lifts were ski on all day.
Probably get busy once the sun comes out tomorrow

Lift tickets are $119 a day…ouch…its only money :)

jimk

Nice timing JDMRoma! As far as I can tell Steamboat probably has the most fresh snow right now of any major resort in the Lower 48. I have an ulterior motive with my praise for your brilliant foresight. I'm going to be skiing a resort about 90 miles due south of you in six days.
:snow:

JDMRoma

Oh…day 2 …Impressive…15 inches at mid mountain this morning…..Visability was Poor all day but hey seeing is overrated !
Hit some good Pow today…ready to hit day 3 tomorrow !! Will try to bring it back with me :)
Hit the open bar at One Steamboat springs at 4pm and continued on after..getting recked !!!
Time for Dinner…lasagna (sp?) and more beer….will post photos tomorrow……to wasted right now !

skiNEwhere

FWIW you can buy the steamboat launch pass in the future for 3 days of skiing for $99 before ski season starts. After the season starts it is $129 and must be used by 12/15. If you want to ski after that date, you can buy the Rocky Mountain Super Pass plus for $359 or $389 (Can't remember which one it is or check it now since you can't buy it anymore). You get unlimited skiing at Copper, Winter Park, and 6 days at Steamboat and 3 at Monarch.

That's probably your best bet if you are going to ski there in the future for 4 or more days.

ScottySkis

FWIW you can buy the steamboat launch pass in the future for 3 days of skiing for $99 before ski season starts. After the season starts it is $129 and must be used by 12/15. If you want to ski after that date, you can buy the Rocky Mountain Super Pass plus for $359 or $389 (Can't remember which one it is or check it now since you can't buy it anymore). You get unlimited skiing at Copper, Winter Park, and 6 days at Steamboat and 3 at Monarch.

That's probably your best bet if you are going to ski there in the future for 4 or more days .
Cheaply I don't understand how they make money with passes so low.

jimk

Oh…day 2 …Impressive…15 inches at mid mountain this morning…..Visability was Poor all day but hey seeing is overrated !
Hit some good Pow today…ready to hit day 3 tomorrow !! Will try to bring it back with me :)
Hit the open bar at One Steamboat springs at 4pm and continued on after..getting recked !!!
Time for Dinner…lasagna (sp?) and more beer….will post photos tomorrow……to wasted right now !
BURNING CANDLE FROM BOTH ENDS:wink:

Beaver Creek or Vail?
ASPEN HIGHLANDS