• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Steepest Night Skiing Trail in NE

bobbutts

Pat's Peak says in their snow report that Hurricane is the steepest night skiing trail in NNE. I believe that. My question is what's the steepest in all NE?
Guesses are Whitetail at Jiminy or Gunbarrel at Sundown? Maybe there's something else?
Anyone know?

steamboat1

I'd think Stoneham outside Quebec City has the most expert terrain open at night. I realize that it's a little far for most viewing this forum but easy access wasn't the question.

bdfreetuna

Upper Competition at Berkshire East is steeper than Whitetail.

I think Flying Cloud is also a night skiing trail and it would also be steeper.

I have no proof for this but Berkshire East black diamonds feel steeper than Whitetail at Jiminy.

edit: Apparently UMass at Berkshire East may now be a night skiing trail as well. Trail maps are inconsitant here. If this is true it would def be the steepest night trail around.

Last edited:

Newpylong

Good call on UMass - according to their current map, it has lights now. Never used to that I can remember. Trail is def steeper than it looks.

Speaking of Jiminy Peak, I think Upper Fox is steeper under the lights than Whitetail...

Pat's now has some competition with Crotched in this regard, the new trail off the Quad (Jupiter's Storm?) is just as steep - http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8037/8003258611_53eb684b2e_m.jpg

One no one has mentioned is Roberto's Chute at Bousquet. Short but pretty much straight down.

xwhaler

I'd put a plug in for the Face at Whaleback....may not be the steepest but may be more continuous vertical as unlike Hurricane it doesn't get flat after 200' of vert