• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Still Winter at Saddleback - April 6, 2014

salsgang

Date(s) Skied: April 6, 2014

Resort or Ski Area: Saddleback

Conditions: LG and some Powder

Trip Report: Still winter at Saddleback. LG and variable conditions, but the snow pack is really deep and still powder to be found if you know where to look. Trees and upper trails like Muleskinner skied really well. Loads of fun and loads of snow.

Couple more pics and words on the blog.

Last edited:

jimk

Amazingly cool winter throughout the East. Nice to hear SBK drew a big April crowd. Loved that place the one time I visited. Muleskinner's a great trail with lots of twists and beautiful scenery!

salsgang

Here is a GoPro video of our runs down Peachy's Peril and Muleskinner. Was fun to find some fluff. My teenager let me have a few first track turns on Peachy's but decided to blow by the old man to harvest some fresh from the undeserving.

jimk

Thanks Sal. Loved the way that boy of yours goes hunting for the trailside powder:thumbup:
Gave us a peek at that gorgeous Lake Country scenery near the end too.