• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 2/11/217

Glenn

Showed up around 10 and managed to get a good parking spot at Sunbowl thanks to a little luck. Booted up outside on the patio and hit Solstice. This was the lift to lap; the high spied was busy. But we did get two runs in there at at lunch. Main base area? No way kiddos. We took one look at Ursa and knew how things would be. Plus, heavy traffic north of Northampton Friday around 7PM.

So, how was the skiing? It was good. Some classic packed powder on most trails. I was able to hit a little powder on the edges; dodging branches. A little scratch here and there, but really good considering.

I'm sure next weekend will be a zoo. But really good for the local businesses. We're blacked out, so it'll be a combination of Harris Hill and riding snowmobiles.

Ursa before lunch:
bff60cb796c89b780d8f2d795f57c3e1.jpg

Skier's left of Solstice somewhere:
eb7a09554b15d0d96569053db857c67d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drjeff

Not looking forward to the fact that E's scheduled race for today at Stratton was cancelled and rescheduled for NEXT Saturday!! Pretty sure that URSA line will be atleast twice as big!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

NYDB

Damn. Ursa was a 5-10 chair wait today, gondola had a line, but everything else was pretty much ski on. Powder piled up in the afternoon and even the gondola was short late afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G900V using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

Woulda gone Sunday, but we headed back to the flatlands to beat the storm. Such is life at times.

Jully

Not looking forward to the fact that E's scheduled race for today at Stratton was cancelled and rescheduled for NEXT Saturday!! Pretty sure that URSA line will be atleast twice as big!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

That line being twice as big is barely fathomable to me... holy cow!