• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton 4/5/08

downhill04

Conditions – Foggy/icy at the summit, perfect spring corn at the bottom.

This was my first trip to Stratton in almost 20 years. The only reason we went there was because we won free lift tickets on Stratton’s website. Didn’t plan on doing any hard skiing. This was basically a family day skiing with the kids.

We started out taking the gondola to the summit. There was a dense fog and large patches of solid boiler plate all over the place. I made a few runs with my 3 y/o son using the edgie wedgies and a harness.

After lunch we made our way over to the learning area which is on the lower half of the mountain. The sun came out and the snow was very soft. I decided to make my son take a leap of faith and ski with out the harness. He was very reluctant but I took the harness off and gave him a push. He fell a bunch of times but he really did a great job. I had to keep reminding him to watch where he was going. He was so proud of himself he was watching people on the lift overhead to see if they were watching him.

It was a great note to end the season on.

Greg

Staff member
Nice! Your boy will be ripping in no time.

downhill04

Nice! Your boy will be ripping in no time.

He saw a few people skiing in the glades and kept asking me if he could ski in the woods. I told him he had to learn how to ski with out the harness before he could ski in the woods. That was how I was able to convince him to ski on his own. Next year I will give him a push down temptor haha

Greg

Staff member
He saw a few people skiing in the glades and kept asking me if he could ski in the woods. I told him he had to learn how to ski with out the harness before he could ski in the woods. That was how I was able to convince him to ski on his own. Next year I will give him a push down temptor haha

Sweet. Abby and I will be tearing up Tom's Treat and probably Canyon Run next year for sure. See you then!

2knees

Sweet. Abby and I will be tearing up Tom's Treat and probably Canyon Run next year for sure. See you then!

you can throw riley and myself into that madness. Its gonna be a trip next year.

Nice write up dh. skiing with the kids is something i'm really looking forward to next year. I managed to get my older one out late this year but she loved it. She's addicted to all of gregs videos now. She has to watch 2 or 3 before bed everynight.

Greg

Staff member
you can throw riley and myself into that madness. Its gonna be a trip next year.

Nice write up dh. skiing with the kids is something i'm really looking forward to next year. I managed to get my older one out late this year but she loved it. She's addicted to all of gregs videos now. She has to watch 2 or 3 before bed everynight.

Plus Brian and his daughter. We will have a bunch of rippers in a few years. Time to start thinking about a freestyle mogul team at Sundown. About the vids - make some movies of Riley next year like Jay did. Abby loves to watch those during the summer. Helps to keep skiing on the brain. Abby is going to get a ski and boot upgrade next year. She's be up to 100 cms. Maye I can buy TTB's pair... :p

2knees

Plus Brian and his daughter. We will have a bunch of rippers in a few years. Time to start thinking about a freestyle mogul team at Sundown. About the vids - make some movies of Riley next year like Jay did. Abby loves to watch those during the summer. Helps to keep skiing on the brain. Abby is going to get a ski and boot upgrade next year. She's be up to 100 cms. Maye I can buy TTB's pair... :p

i did make one from her first day. just didnt post it here. I put it on youtube so dee's family could see it.

she prefers your videos. Magic=Top Trees video. she likes the snow covered trees with stratton in the background. The sundown mogul comp video is the Irish Song. And mrgisevils sundown video is, and i freakin love this "The guy who crashes really hard" guess who that is??? :lol: :lol:

sorry for the hijack j.

downhill04

haha how cool would a Jr sundown freestyle team be. Is it next winter yet? I can't wait to get all the kids together next year. Should be a blast!!!! When the time comes we can take them up to the water ramps in Lake Placid. That would be a great excuse for me to finally get on the water ramps. :daffy:

In 4 years we will have to hang up the skis when the kids are running circles around us.

Last edited: