• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stratton or Killington on 12/6? Seeking advice

Euler

My wife and I are taking personal days to go skiing tomorrow (12/6). I have tickets available at Stratton and K-ton and will need to make up my mind where to go before hopping in the car tomorrow morning. We are upper intermediate skiers. Anyone have advice on which of these mountains to choose?

Newpylong

Killington without question. Given the lack of terrain early season I would go with 160 acres at K and 4 peaks vs 100 at Stratton to thin out the crowds too.

ScottySkis

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Do you prefer intermediate then go to Stratton, expert and more natural go to K.

steamboat1

There's no natural downstate VT so forget that. Killington delayed lift openings today till 10:30 so they could groom the mountain after it froze this morning. That says something for the product they want to offer. If the price is the same I'd go to Stratton since your location is Southern VT.

ScottySkis

There's no natural downstate VT so forget that. Killington delayed lift openings today till 10:30 so they could groom the mountain after it froze this morning. That says something for the product they want to offer. If the price is the same I'd go to Stratton since your location is Southern VT.

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
I didn't realize the person was talking about tomorrow,I agree Stratton but probably only good conditions up in North VT at Stowe maybe Sugar Bush ,and jay, but I know Stowe said on FB they were getting snow today.