• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stupid November

Cannonball

October was going just great. Skiing to be had in multiple NE states. Then along comes November and rains on the parade. Suck it up November, get with the program!

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
'Nother warm up next week followed by 'nother wave of cold.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

4aprice

Joe Bastardi has a forecast of just below normal for November in the northeast. (he was dead on accurate with his Oct forecast) Not the heart of the cold which is in the upper Midwest but slightly below normal. Lets get to the middle of the month before we tank it. Gore says they are planning opening the weekend before Thanksgiving because it is as late as can be this year. Get the leaves down so I can clear them then I'll be ready.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ScottySkis

Joe Bastardi has a forecast of just below normal for November in the northeast. (he was dead on accurate with his Oct forecast) Not the heart of the cold which is in the upper Midwest but slightly below normal. Lets get to the middle of the month before we tank it. Gore says they are planning opening the weekend before Thanksgiving because it is as late as can be this year. Get the leaves down so I can clear them then I'll be ready.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ
What is he website ? Better now with up and down weather then in February. I just want to ski.

4aprice

What is he website ? Better now with up and down weather then in February. I just want to ski.

Go to Weatherbell.com, play Saturday summary 11/2. He's thinking maybe a 93-94 analog which if you remember was a pretty dam good season:smile: He can also be followed on Twitter under the name Big Joe Bastardi. Not everyone agrees with me but I've found him to be pretty good (He has, and admits it busted from time to time - they all have).

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ScottySkis

Did you look at the vid? He had pretty much just below normal temps for Nov, Dec, Jan getting cold Feb. For Snowfall he's thinking pretty much normal is what I got out of it. Hey I'll take normal.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ[/QUOTE

+1 I didn't ski much in 1994 but I would love to have a year like that. 2001 I remember skiing day after Thanks Giving at K and it was snowing a foot that day and year was sick.:)

4aprice

Snowing now in downtown SLC.

TB, I know your going to drive me crazy this winter. Keep posting tr's and pics. Working on hopeful trip to SLC in spring now. EWR-SLC $600 rt, EWR-Den $250 rt, for the week I want to go. May be taking a drive (with a stop or 2) from DEN to SLC and back, if you know what I mean.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
TB, I know your going to drive me crazy this winter. Keep posting tr's and pics. Working on hopeful trip to SLC in spring now. EWR-SLC $600 rt, EWR-Den $250 rt, for the week I want to go. May be taking a drive (with a stop or 2) from DEN to SLC and back, if you know what I mean.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Manchester - SLC $300 RT. Just shuffle your driving times around.

mattchuck2

Website
skiequalsmc2.blogspot.com

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Wait for the Southwest semi annual sale. You can get Newark to anywhere they fly for like $320 round trip. Usually happens end of November-December for travel February-April. Patience, grasshopper.

thetrailboss

Staff member

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

:lol: Happy to serve! As said, look for deals with Southwest and JetBlue. SLC is also a major Delta hub, so they run some deals every now and then. It is less than an hour from SLC Airport to Alta.

Sure there are good deals to Denver, but look at how far it is from DEN to the resort you want to visit. With the exception of Loveland or A-Basin it can be a haul. And 70 can be nasty.

Within one hour of SLC you've got:

* Sundance (yes, it is Robert Redford's resort and it is pretty cool actually);
* Alta-Snowbird;
* Brighton/Solitude
* Canyons-Park City Resort-Deer Valley
* Snowbasin

And a few minutes more to Powder Mountain.

SLC has some nice accommodations...Little America or Grand America are posh.

ScottySkis

:lol: Happy to serve! As said, look for deals with Southwest and JetBlue. SLC is also a major Delta hub, so they run some deals every now and then. It is less than an hour from SLC Airport to Alta.

Sure there are good deals to Denver, but look at how far it is from DEN to the resort you want to visit. With the exception of Loveland or A-Basin it can be a haul. And 70 can be nasty.

Within one hour of SLC you've got:

* Sundance (yes, it is Robert Redford's resort and it is pretty cool actually);
* Alta-Snowbird;
* Brighton/Solitude
* Canyons-Park City Resort-Deer Valley
* Snowbasin

And a few minutes more to Powder Mountain.

SLC has some nice accommodations...Little America or Grand America are posh.

Up it is great Sheraton in town to or Motel 6 in Midvalle that has it own Kitchen it cost me 400 for 10 days, I spent in a 10 days like half of what I spent 4 days at Vail, and oh did it snow in Utah.