• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush 2-28-08

BLESS

Date: 2-28-08

Place: Sugarbush (South)

Conditions: $

It was my first time to the MRV and it didn't disappoint. A friend and I drove up from central RI, and made it in 4hrs flat. Hitting no traffic thru Boston...I was surprised I made it that quick, as, I thought it was more of a drive...good to know for next time. Anyway, as most of you know the conditions were great, as they got snow the day before..we spent most of the day On Castlerock & Lincoln Peak....we pretty much hit every trail on that side....since we only had 1 day, we didn't hit Mt Ellen, next time I guess..

The skies were bluebird, and we could easily see Whiteface & Killington...amazing views, some of the best I've seen in NE....We ate @ Egan's & had some drinks at The Phoenix & Hyde away...all were good.

I gotta throw a shoutout to KingM, who hooked us up with the room @ the Golden Lion.....had everything we needed and breakfast was great. He was even nice enough to offer us some vouchers to Smuggs (which we couldn't take cause we couldn't make it up there) ....a nice gesture from someone I had just met. Thanks again, Mike.

I'll try to post a few pics.....sorry if this TR sucks, as I like reading them better than writing them!

SKIQUATTRO

Sweet....SB never disappoints, great mountain, great vibe...kudos to KINGM, he hooked me and my buddy up last year as well late night (or early morning, however you look at it) great rooms, great bfast..

KingM

Website
www.goldenlionriversideinn.com
Great to meet another AZer and even better that your first trip came with some good conditions up here. You hit the biggest problem with skiing in the MRV. Pretty soon you hit one great spot and you don't want to leave, so you don't get enough time to sample all the goods. You'll definitely have to hit Mt. Ellen next time you come, not to mention Mad River Glen.

I've still got those 2 for 1 Smuggs' vouchers. Someone, please take them so they don't go to waste.