• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarbush AlpineZone Day 2009 Poll II

Multiple Choice, which dates would be good for you.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

madskier6

the reality is we will most likely get a total of 6 runs in in the brook if we start first thing in the mornning. i have been on most of the trails and have never done any runs in the brook. i would imagine the best access is from the peak of ellen off the summit lift. it looks like you could do it from north but its shorter shot. also i would hazard a guess that is get pretty flat on the runout down to the road but if there is an established track it looks like us one plankers will be fine.

Just wanted to point out that Mt. Ellen is SB North & Lincoln Peak is SB South so there's no confusion. Carry on.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I got at least one, maybe two, tickets for Bush so I am definitely down. Fridays are more difficult. But given how many VT vouchers I still have kicking around, I may need to burn some vaca days any ways. Either way, I will try to make it happen regardless of the day picked.

thetrailboss

Staff member
For specifics: March 28th is out (previous commitment...Pond Skimming @ Burke). March 27th was being held open as a possible date, but it looks like I may be handling a trial. So no bets there. Other than that, it is hit or miss for some of those other dates. I might be able to do the 29th (Sunday) but it would be an afternoon thing.

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
For specifics: March 28th is out (previous commitment...Pond Skimming @ Burke). March 27th was being held open as a possible date, but it looks like I may be handling a trial. So no bets there. Other than that, it is hit or miss for some of those other dates. I might be able to do the 29th (Sunday) but it would be an afternoon thing.

I'm sorry my friend, you already committed to the 27th. This a legal and binding agreement.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
I am in for 27 or 28, but hardline has to show so we can do the brook!

im always down to take the old farts through the woods:lol: dont know the area to well but have studdied the topo enough the know where there should be good lines. ill have the camera so ill shoot some video. i would like to get as many runs as possible in there. i really want to see how it compares to the stuff on mansfield. these are the areas im thinking about

Last edited:

twinplanx

I voted for the 28th but that may be wishful thinking. I'll be in Colorado from the 17th-24th and I've used most of my vacation days for the year so to make it to SB that Saturday would call for driving through the night from Long Island. But now that you guys are talking about 5+ runs in the brook I may be able to round up a co-driver.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
im always down to take the old farts through the woods:lol: dont know the area to well but have studdied the topo enough the know where there should be good lines. ill have the camera so ill shoot some video. i would like to get as many runs as possible in there. i really want to see how it compares to the stuff on mansfield. these are the areas im thinking about

This old fart is planning on following you down on a golf cart. Got a problem with that? ;):spread:

Looks like some good lines. On the other day, I'll probably be on Mansfield.

thetrailboss

Staff member

:-? Might want to be careful as to what maps and images you put up online. It is an unwritten rule that such info is best kept secret. For one, it keeps the areas special. Second, we don't want to encourage folks who are not familiar with the areas or prepared for woods skiing to venture into something that they don't know how to handle. One of the highlighted areas is notorious for being rather deceiving and 'swallowing' newcomers and spitting them out somewhere on Route 17 in Jerusalem...aka the backside of the mountain.

That said, most of what I saw is on the map (to some extent) and is well known. Maybe just keep specifics on the DL.

Looks like 28th is pulling ahead. Unfortunately that is a no-go for me. I will be with the Dawn Patrol and Burke for the annual BBQ.

hardline

Somewhere Between the Toeside and the Hellside
:-? Might want to be careful as to what maps and images you put up online. It is an unwritten rule that such info is best kept secret. For one, it keeps the areas special. Second, we don't want to encourage folks who are not familiar with the areas or prepared for woods skiing to venture into something that they don't know how to handle. One of the highlighted areas is notorious for being rather deceiving and 'swallowing' newcomers and spitting them out somewhere on Route 17 in Jerusalem...aka the backside of the mountain.

That said, most of what I saw is on the map (to some extent) and is well known. Maybe just keep specifics on the DL.

Looks like 28th is pulling ahead. Unfortunately that is a no-go for me. I will be with the Dawn Patrol and Burke for the annual BBQ.

true but slidebrook is advertised on the sugerbush site so its not like im letting the cat out of the bag and i have never actually been in there so i am not giving up any secrets. but ill pull it. now if throw up a map with actual waypoints and maintained lines after i have been in there it would be one thing.

This old fart is planning on following you down on a golf cart. Got a problem with that? ;):spread:

Looks like some good lines. On the other day, I'll probably be on Mansfield.

i have always wanted to hot rod a golf cart. i have industrial motor laying around that i want to use.
i was thinking about doing mansfield on the other day as well

madskier6

I voted for the 28th. I'd rather hit Gore on the 27th & take mattchuck up on his offer of spring bumps & Gore locals tour. But that's just me. That would be a pretty good 2 day ski excursion. Gore on Friday, Sugarbush on Sat.

Status
Not open for further replies.