• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf 1-16-07

maineskier69

Deciding to take today off and hit the Loaf was the best idea I have had for a long time..

A solid foot+ of fresh snow allowed for many ropes to be dropped and turns to be made.

Started off at the Super Quad hitting Double Bitter for the first run of the day followed by a couple of Skidders. Off to the Spillway East, managed to hit everything possible from there. Gondi Line and Bubblecuffer were very nice although they held their share of "hidden surprises". King Pine was on wind hold till about 11:30 when were the first to make "legal tracks" down Haulback and then Ripsaw (trail of the day). Had to leave by 12:30 because the legs just couldn't do no more..

Finally nice to see a decent amount of natural snow. I hope this becomes a trend.

AdironRider

Damn sounds like I missed out. I was there on Sat and it was a skating rink. Good to hear at least somewhere on the east got the goods.

loafer89

Sounds like you had a great time and it's nice to hear the mountain is coming along with natural snow. How much of Bubblecuffer is open? is it from Spillway X-Cut?

maineskier69

Cuffer is only open from Spillway X-Cut, but that didn't stop some although it is very boney.
Get another storm like this and they will be golden.

gwags

I was at thge Loaf on Monday and it was also incredible. Got first chair and it was snowing very hard for hours. My best day of the year and really psyched to get some legit powder in this season of disappointments. Skidder was amazing in the a.m. and Haulback and Ripsaw as well. Lots of fun on sides of Tote Road also.