• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sugarloaf - 4/25/2013

snowmonster

Greetings from an almost deserted Sugarloaf base lodge! It's 1:45 pm, almost 60 degrees, sunny and the snow is corning nicely. Only the Superquad is running but I've pushed out east as far as the King Pine chair. Coverage is still good but getting spotty lower. I'll get a proper TR up later but here are some pictures taken before my pit stop. Enjoy!

Looks like midwinter:
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1366911940.024191.jpg

Mid Gondi:
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1366911989.174816.jpg

The T bar line: ski it when you can!
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1366912064.467134.jpg

Misery Whip:
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1366912124.889458.jpg

Under the King Pine chair:
ImageUploadedByAlpineZone1366912177.731075.jpg

Lunch break over. Back to the slopes!

xwhaler

Awesome, enjoy....looks really great up there....you picked an amazing day weather wise to be up there.

snowmonster

Date(s) Skied: 4/25/2013 Resort or Ski Area: Sugarloaf Conditions: Temps from 32 to 57; hardpack up top early but everything corned up well as the day went; sunny Trip Report: It was the perfect day to ski the Loaf. This will just be a postscript.

While only the Superquad was running, it gave access to just about most of the terrain. The eastern part of the mountain and everything on the bottom is starting to show a lot of wear but the western part is covered really well. On the western side, I only got so far as King's Landing. Candyside is starting to thin out in spots. The upper reaches of White Nitro and Gondi are accessible after a short hike and coverage remains good there.

Word from the staff is that after this weekend, they will shut down midweek then re-open for the weekend. There's a possibility that they will re-open a weekend after that. So, if any of you want to hit the Loaf this season, the time is now!

Conrad

Website
www.youtube.com
Looks great! I think I have found a ride up there this Sunday. It's too bad they aren't running King Pine, but what can you do. With a little luck, there will still be a few glade runs open.

snowmonster

Nice SM! Your reports shall be missed here. You should be sure to at least give us some tropical trip reports. I am certain you will find fun and interesting outings wherever you will be living. Good luck again.
If you're interested in surfing reports, I'll gladly post them on here when I get to the other side of the world.

Lots of turns left in this season. I may have one more Loaf day and perhaps a K day in me then the Presis until June. If you find yourself in any of these places, let me know!

marcski

Westchester County, NY and a Mountain near you!
If you're interested in surfing reports, I'll gladly post them on here when I get to the other side of the world.

Lots of turns left in this season. I may have one more Loaf day and perhaps a K day in me then the Presis until June. If you find yourself in any of these places, let me know!

We'll take what we can get, SM!! :)

wa-loaf

Are you moving away?