Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!
You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!
The Jordan Quad Base Terminal is still sitting in the lower Jordan hotel lotEven better is they posted it a second time 2 days after that in its own thread because it didn’t get enough reaction the first time.
The base terminal is sitting in the lower Jordan Hotel lot, rusting away.....Yeah, and there's the whole lack actually being funny in any way.
But lookers right will be less susceptible to wind holds than the Gondola and service something like 85/90% of the terrain the Strawberry Gondola serves, and when that Gondola goes down for wind holds, Snowbasin looses something like 1/3 of their total acreage.Lookers left of that gondola would be much more exciting.
I think the Monarch expansion was gaining some traction recently. Supposed to add about 350 acres of new terrain.For out west:
- Steamboat: continuation of their gondola project;
- Big Sky: NEW tram to Lone Peak should be completed;
- Brighton: new Crest Six Person high speed lift, new mid-mountain lodge at Snake Creek named "the Sidewinder", lift-served mountain biking soon;
- Solitude: replacement of Eagle HSQ with a new six-pack;
- Snowbird: grading of Cirque Traverse;
- Snowbasin: new six pack just north of Strawberry Gondola.