• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunapee 12/9/06

SnowRider

This is my first first trip report so it might have flaws

Date(s) Skied: 12/9/06

Resort or Ski Area: Mt. Sunapee

Conditions: Packed Powder

Trip Report:
I arrived at the mountain with my dad, and my two friends PJ and Brendan. It was our first time out this season so we were looking forwars to a good day. The guns were blasting on flyway and were going over on South Peak beginner mountain. We got on the lift at about 8:15. Because there was only 7 trails open all day I will go trail by trail.

Upper blast off was like it is mid season. Really nice and groomed in the morning but in the afternoon it got really bad. If you stayed to the side you got some pretty nice snow. Lower blast off was all rolls and tons of fun to ride. They had some fun jumps and natural terrain to he sides.

Skyway ledges was nice in the morning but got icy. Again if you stuck to the side you would get a nice run. Westside stayed in pretty good condition all day. Nice snow and lots of rolls. At the beginning of the day the only trail that was open and whent back to the base was lower blastoff so that trail got really busy.

The other trail that opened at about 11 was chipmunk. It was so much fun. Some snow from the snowguns had drifted on to the side of the trail giving it a little base. Then with the 3 inches of snow it made it kind of fluffy. Me and my friends were one of the few to jump in and just ride the side of the trails. Go up and use it like a quarter pipe. We also did lip tricks on the walls on the side of the trail.

There were very few crowds. Almost no wait at all in the lift lines. The ski school sometimes got in your way on the trail but once chipmunk opened it spread out the people on the trails. When I was there they also made lots of snow on kick back and at one point we kinda jumped up the trail and rode down. Kick back is now open on sunday. They had a mini park but it wasnt much. Well thats my report, feel free to comment. Pic are coming soon.