• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River 22-23

skiur

Chinese Buffet (or any chinese food) anywhere in Northern New England does not sound very appealing!

While I generally agree with this statement, sushi yoshi in Killington actually has pretty good food. It is not a buffet though.

BodeMiller1

Many of us old timers are trying to reduce salt consumption. Never been to a bad Chinese buffet except for Thirty Pines Plaza in Penacook. I always liked the pizza / sub place in Gorham. Sunday River and SugarLoaf USA are only a half a world away.

Also, the Italian place on the short cut to N. Conway (by passing Pinnacle) on the other side of Pickerel Pond Rd.

Still miss pet pickerel pete, a 55-gallon tank was all I could do.

I like to infuse as many rock lyrics in these posts and still have them make sense.

please leave snow for me

2Planker

I work just down the street in the financial district. I like Chna Pearl a lot. Did you ever go to the Gormet Dumpling House? They closed just after the pandemic broke. I miss them. They had the best szechuan fish soup and dumplings.
I'll have to try that place in Gorham.
Yup. Went to Gourmet Dumpling House once a week for 10+ years. Literally 1block away. We probably almost dined together if you were ever there 12pm-1pm Mon-Thurs.

Dumpling King is right there. 9O% as good 👍

Now remember Gorham is NOT Chinatown.
The place is pretty good. But No China Pearl.
Definitely the best chinese I’ve ever had in NH/ME though.

Last edited:

chuckstah

April 15-16 weekend last for Barker. Also open on the 17th, so that may be final day. Tickets on sale for the following Saturday as well, no indication what lift(s) may be open. Probably Ski Mainia on that Sunday. Screenshot_20230325-190725.png

machski

April 15-16 weekend last for Barker. Also open on the 17th, so that may be final day. Tickets on sale for the following Saturday as well, no indication what lift(s) may be open. Probably Ski Mainia on that Sunday. View attachment 57719
The 17th and then the 22-23rd will be just Jordan operating. They have spelled out the full plan here:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Does Sunday River still do last day free? How crowded has it been in recent years? I haven't done the "May Day" thing there in 15 years.

Edit: found my answer. Is there enough parking at Jordan or is it going to be nuts with parking two miles down the road?

bigbob

Does Sunday River still do last day free? How crowded has it been in recent years? I haven't done the "May Day" thing there in 15 years.
If you look at the spring schedule it is free the last day which is a Sunday the 23rd. it looks like only Jordon will be open, so I would assume limited parking and the hotel as the lodge.

Last edited:

soposkier

Edit: found my answer. Is there enough parking at Jordan or is it going to be nuts with parking two miles down the road?
I did the free day last year when it was just Barker and don't think the crowd was that bad.

KustyTheKlown

If you look at the spring schedule it is free the last day which is a Sunday the 23rd. it looks like only Jordon will be open, so I would assume limited parking and the hotel as the lodge.

can anyone park at jordan on a normal day? i assumed it was hotel only? i would have preferred to start there today if i could have.

urungus

can anyone park at jordan on a normal day? i assumed it was hotel only? i would have preferred to start there today if i could have.
There is a small ski in / ski out parking lot there, refer to my post on page 8 of this thread

KustyTheKlown

Yes
Park in the lot just below the hotel.
With the new lift it’s become a popular option.

Good to know. I would have had true first tracks without 1.5 traversing runs first. Barker > blue trail to spruce > vortex to agony > flying monkey to Jordan. Could have done without the flat blue to spruce

machski

I have heard the Outpost Food Trucks will be open when its down to just Jordan. Guess we will see. The parking lot is actually quite large and there is a ski in/out trail from the back of lot closest to the slopes/hotel corner. It pops out right by the two fan guns at the bottom of Lolla and you ski to the lot through the Outpost and down behind it. Assuming that snow holds up as that loop is all natural this year and the in run from the lot to the base is South facing. Newpy has stated that loop is suppose to get a dedicated snowmaking line this summer, so I would assume SR starts promoting that lot a bt more in the future and possibly expands it more too. BTW, a lot of the old Jordan is sitting in the lot just below this one still.