• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sunday River: AZ Challenge-2006 Response/Feedback Thread

Sky

Excellent responses from Alex...very "frank".

...and WoW! I made the cut, question #10! I liked that answer. I'll be checking those options out next season.

Thanks Alex!

Vortex

Alex this was impressive.

I really have to say I never took into account the importance of a race side view from Barker.

I did take advantage of a Jeep events from the Barker Deck. I get you point, I still not in complete agreement, but point well stated.

Sounds like a bit of compromise is in the works .(cool) Maineskier69 will be happy if he has a decent changing area.:idea: Honesty seems to be the theme in responses from the River in the last couple of years. The parks issue is being cared about and reacted to. I give you credit for putting the Sticky on the SR board and being agressive in your responses here.

For what its worth I think you did a great job on resonses last year...
This year your resonses were excellent, detailed and not fluff. (Well even better than last year) I'm still with sky521, maybe offering a discount to other mountain pass holders year round might go a long way, but I'm sure thats not a decision you make alone. Thankx again.

Sky

Bob R said:
Alex this was impressive.

I really have to say I never took into account the importance of a race side view from Barker.

I'm still with sky521, maybe offering a discount to other mountain pass holders year round might go a long way, but I'm sure thats not a decision you make alone. Thankx again.

re: impressive....indeed

re: perspective...I know Wachusett's Night Race League is a huge boon the the restaurant side of things...and when the race is over and the video is set up in the middle of the restaurant...it would be difficult to be a non-racer and be able to enjoy a meal (or find a seat). So I anticipated a similar response from Alex. I sort of experienced a similar issue @ Wildcat two seasons ago...race day for the kids...not a single table to sit @ for lunch. I saw the situation for what it was...a bread-and-butter situation for the Cat. I was happy to see them busy.

re: discounts for other resort's passes...Alex didn't discuss the MoD program details...and I don't know what they are either. Maybe SR is well enough off without participating. I'll aks my Wa folks about the MoD pros/cons and see if there's anything worth sharing in here. I did like Alex's discussion of existing discount opps. I will seek those out next season.

Vortex

Sky if you want to go to the River a few of us will help you out. The Sr crowd are real friendly cool people. No attitude, fun loving and no matter whom is around they will make you feel welcome. There are a decent amount of mid week regulars also.

thaller1

I don't think I got my point across well enough for Alex to respsone the way I had hoped. Sysco supplies the majority of restaurants with their food. So, I'm thinking there's nothing to distinguish SR from other resorts or restaurants for that matter.

I realize they offer salads and wraps etc. but skiers usually ski in the winter time and they don't want cold food...and I huge part of my concern is what's IN the food..if the food is coming from a major vendor such as Sysco then there's a good chance its full of preservatives and monosodium glutamate..which I'm allergic too.. also, if you are diabetic yogurt, wraps, preservatives, granola bars, veggie burgers and white bread are out of the question

In short, I guess I'll have to keep bringing my lunch! :)

Sky

thaller1 said:
In short, I guess I'll have to keep bringing my lunch! :)

With diet limitations you describe...it seems (short of a legitimate fresh-food restarant), you would have to pack-a-lunch. And as I cruise the grocery aisles lately...it doesn't look easy to accomplish your requirements there either.

Although it seems more folks are dealing with diabetes, along with Vegitarian and Vegan diets, that more food service businesses would make more of an offering.

We shop for a lot of Organic and Hormone-free foods (when they aren't ludicrously priced and or wilted (Shaws and the organic lettuce specificlly)).

hammer

thaller1 said:
if you are diabetic yogurt, wraps, preservatives, granola bars, veggie burgers and white bread are out of the question
Not out of the question for all diabetics...just need to compensate if you take in more carbs.

I guess I look at most hot food at a ski area as being in the "junk" or "fast food" category anyway...if you want to stay away then the only option is to brown bag it.

Sky

Bob R said:
Sky if you want to go to the River a few of us will help you out. The Sr crowd are real friendly cool people. No attitude, fun loving and no matter whom is around they will make you feel welcome. There are a decent amount of mid week regulars also.

Bob...pen me in for an AZ trip to the river. Thanks for the offer. I'd feel a lot more comfortable going with someone. Also...the peer pressure associated with going...vs backing out...will ensure I get there.

Thanks for the offer.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Sky521 said:
Bob...pen me in for an AZ trip to the river. Thanks for the offer. I'd feel a lot more comfortable going with someone. Also...the peer pressure associated with going...vs backing out...will ensure I get there.

Thanks for the offer.

Let me know when you are going. I need to catch up with Sky for a chatfest and a Dalbello fest :wink:

Vortex

Boys I'll integrate it with a lodging package.:wink: Thaller1, Ga2ski, Backintoit, Maineskier69.. (wings to die for) possibly Terry will be sure to make apperances. Last year we had a gathering with both the Sr board and this board. 30 people anyway and some horrible cooking by Oz and myself. Ow ya thaller1 will have to make a pie.:idea: That will be all the peer pressure I see.

Sky

thetrailboss said:
Let me know when you are going. I need to catch up with Sky for a chatfest and a Dalbello fest :wink:

Don't you worry Bossman...I'll keep you in the loop for SR...and we need to hit Burke and Sunapee as well. I want the guided tours pal.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bob R said:
Boys I'll integrate it with a lodging package.:wink: Thaller1, Ga2ski, Backintoit, Maineskier69.. (wings to die for) possibly Terry will be sure to make apperances. Last year we had a gathering with both the Sr board and this board. 30 people anyway and some horrible cooking by Oz and myself. Ow ya thaller1 will have to make a pie.:idea: That will be all the peer pressure I see.

That sounds like fun! We need to fly Oz back out here though!

Bob R and cooking....sounds interesting!

Vortex

I do a good tailgate, just ozzy burned the Kelbassi. blame all around though. Again you have to try Maineskier69's wings and thaller1 pies. Ow ya lift largers with Terry seem to work well for dessert also.

ga2ski

I'm always willing to show folks around at the river. Although things might be a little different the next few years with the baby, which BTW the due date is today.

As Alex mentioned in the response about glades. I'm willing to show folks some of the "locals" trails that i know. As most of won't, I will not talk about their locations on the internet.

I'm also going to have to take Alex up on his over of learning all the local trails he knows. I'm envisioning a fun day of trees with Dave, Nick, and Alex. Bring on the snow.

roark

I'm in- espeecially if there are cheap lodging options again this year.
Ga2: I want the 'deluxe' tour next time!

Vortex

Depending on how it goes I can probably work that out again. My place has a tendecy to have guests. Ga2ski has never given/ showed me an secrets though. I'm starting to get the message.

ga2ski

Bob - I'll show you the goods if you want. I thought you only skied on the groomers.:wink:

Roark - you just let me know what you want to ski. I gave you a pretty good tour last time. Sorry there were no woods open to show you.