• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

SundayRiver 1-20

bigbog

..In total agreement with Terry, despite the River's weekend masses...conditions were terrific. A little on the nippy side, but the air kept the snow pretty soft and dry.....a little bit of pow over pp..with the occasional patch of crust over pp.
Importing a new footboard into my boots is a new journey for me...but I was balanced & in the driver's seat, thus I really enjoyed day two on the 8000s...but really took it easy on easy cruisers(for the most part)..although an very short off-trail escapade promptly terminated with a dead-end, having me take a slow-speed flop...on my thumb :smash:,,,which feels just great :evil: :rolleyes:
Risky Business, Sunday Punch, Cascades, Dream Maker were all in great shape with hardly any patches of ice, especially nice on the edges. So you get the picture, getting the midfat(81mm) rust out of the joints.
Barker lift(pic from...below) was a usual Saturday afternoon affair, but...to be expected...am definitely eager to back out tomorrow..as I finally picked up a light fleeced head & neck mask...:cool:..however the thumb may force a day of rest with a Monday morning @Sugarloaf

Last edited: