• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust III - 3/22/09

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I have a couple pics to add (forgive me if the colors are off; I'm having issues calibrating my monitor). This one is Mogul Queen:
3413760464_0232e927f4.jpg

2knees:
3412977873_3cd6297969.jpg

I'll probably be going through some more pics this week, though my son lost the 1st of the 2 memory cards I used. :( Hoping I can find it again since that had some great shots on it.

Last edited:

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Thanks, guys! I got some tips from the Canon photography forums on what to do to take better pics next year. I'll just have to practice more before the big events (and hide the memory cards better afterward; still haven't found memory card #1. That's what I get for waiting to backup the data :().

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
BUMP - because Sundown deserves one heck of an attaboy for pulling off a great comp!! After witnessing the Bear Mountain Mogul Tragedy (BMMT if you like), it would seem that the 2.5 hour drive to Sundown next year will be happening for a good outdoor party/bump fest.

2knees

with all the negative happenings at bmmc this year, i'm really wondering what will happen next year. if the field grows at all, it almost has to be a two day event or be limited as far as how many entrants. the dual qualifier was ok with me, but based on what i heard at the comp and the response from one of the guys on mogulskiing.net, that may have to be tweaked.

regardless, it sucks we have to wait 11 1/2 months for the next spring comp at sundown. i'm ready for one now.

gmcunni

with all the negative happenings at bmmc this year, i'm really wondering what will happen next year. if the field grows at all, it almost has to be a two day event or be limited as far as how many entrants. the dual qualifier was ok with me, but based on what i heard at the comp and the response from one of the guys on mogulskiing.net, that may have to be tweaked.

regardless, it sucks we have to wait 11 1/2 months for the next spring comp at sundown. i'm ready for one now.

make it a weekend of fun, they'll have to call it S8
Ski Sundown's Super Stupendous Spring Saturday & Sunday Spectacular

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
make it a weekend of fun, they'll have to call it S8
Ski Sundown's Super Stupendous Spring Saturday & Sunday Spectacular

With room in the back parking lot for those who will be sleeping in their cars all weekend? ;) (I'd offer our 2 couches but then you'd have to deal with the youngins poking you in the eyes at 6:30AM :lol:)

It'll be here before you know it, guys. Don't wish your lives away. :D

gmcunni

kind of funny to watch video from the Jan comp. at the time i thought that course was tough. now it looks almost easy.