• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown this weekend

Chris Sullivan

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Heads up to the Sundown faithful. If you are going to be here for night skiing Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday be prepared to ski under snow-making. We plan an all out assault for all of these nights starting anytime after 8:30pm and shutting down by opening at 8:00am.

powhunter

Heads up to the Sundown faithful. If you are going to be here for night skiing Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday be prepared to ski under snow-making. We plan an all out assault for all of these nights starting anytime after 8:30pm and shutting down by opening at 8:00am.

This is why I bought a pass.... Thanks Chris!!! looking like decent bumps for the weekend!!!

steveo

o3jeff

I can live with that, we should be skiing well into April!

Greg

Staff member
I figured I'd break this out to its own thread. Great news on what not only sounds like top coating, but additional base building!

Heading to Eastern Mass this weekend so I won't be out. Maybe I'll aim for Monday night instead of next Wednesday though. Might also do a family ski day some day next week too. Sounds like Sundown will set up nicely for Prez week.

powhunter

cool....Im guessing they are making snow on temptor as well...can anyone confirm this?? Anyways looks like ill be skiing sundown sun and mon rather than the ice bumps up north

steveo

deadheadskier

Staff member
Impressive

most of the big boys up north have finished for the year, yet sundown keeps churning out the snow

bvibert

Staff member
They definitely mean business. I should point out that it's not like they need more snow at this point, there's still a TON of snow on all the trails. They're just covering their bases while they still have the chance.

bvibert

Staff member
cool....Im guessing they are making snow on temptor as well...can anyone confirm this?? Anyways looks like ill be skiing sundown sun and mon rather than the ice bumps up north

steveo

I was wondering about that myself. I guess I should have asked Chris myself when he told me about it yesterday. We started talking about gunny bumps, so I kinda lost focus on Temptor. ;)