• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Supply Chain

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Why?

It's an electric water heater, works well and has the same warranty that I'd get anywhere else.

We aren't talking about some fancy piece of technology. Water heaters are a commodity product

No no you need to wait 6 months for the German Deluxe Model.

My 1,200 watt microwave hand-crafted in Monaco is also on a 3-4 month delay.

Supply chain problem for ski equipment.

You might find this interesting;;;;

So good news from the supply chain problem. Wood for the skis is now coming from North Carolina and not China.

Dickc

Got notified two weeks ago that my brand new vehicle got shipped from the GMC plant. Got notified today its in the Brookfield Mass rail freight terminal. Its estimated to be at the Dealer on Saturday. This vehicle was ordered in August. From what I understand, I'm lucky as most are on order to 4-5 months, not three.

2Planker

Gone are the days of going to a dealer to look at a few new cars, to figure out options/colors.... and then drive it off the lot same day, afte negotiating a good price.

Now, they might have 1 to show people, you pay MSRP or above, and you wait 2-3 months if you're lucky.

abc

Gone also, are the days of going to a bike shop and test ride a few bikes...

How about skis and boots?

ss20

Gone are the days of going to a dealer to look at a few new cars, to figure out options/colors.... and then drive it off the lot same day, afte negotiating a good price.

Now, they might have 1 to show people, you pay MSRP or above, and you wait 2-3 months if you're lucky.

It's bad. I just bought a used car today. 8th dealership was the charm. I walked twice and they don't do anything. They know the car will sell. I don't think I got a deal but I did ok. $14k for a 2011 Hyundai Tucson AWD with some options. 84k miles.

Walked over $600 on a 2010 Forrester. No salesperson coming after you, no phone calls later that day.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
It's bad. I just bought a used car today. 8th dealership was the charm. I walked twice and they don't do anything. They know the car will sell. I don't think I got a deal but I did ok. $14k for a 2011 Hyundai Tucson AWD with some options. 84k miles.

Walked over $600 on a 2010 Forrester. No salesperson coming after you, no phone calls later that day.
The sticker is the price too , bought a used Jeep and got the hard sell on an extended warranty.

ss20

The sticker is the price too , bought a used Jeep and got the hard sell on an extended warranty.

Yep I paid the sticker price. Negotiated $700 of BS off. Would've gone harder on the negotiation but after 8 dealers in 3 days I knew I wouldn't get much more off (if anything) and I needed a car by Friday.

I walked on the Suburu because we agreed $12.3k. Sign a bunch of stuff... not in finance yet though. Sales guy keeps going to the manager every few papers I sign. Finally, before I go into finance I get... "oh, $12.9k is the best we can do, my manager thought it said $13.3k". I laughed in his face.

Take it as a warning for anyone who thinks dealers aren't still trying to abuse customers like it's 1975.

ss20

Also I saw something new today....the MRSP and then the "market price" a couple grand HIGHER than the MRSP. On new cars.

If I end up in hell it'll be me in a dealership in the year 2021. Oh and Vail will probably own it :ROFLMAO:

JimG.

Staff member

deadheadskier

Staff member
Also I saw something new today....the MRSP and then the "market price" a couple grand HIGHER than the MRSP. On new cars.

If I end up in hell it'll be me in a dealership in the year 2021. Oh and Vail will probably own it :ROFLMAO:

While I'm generally in favor of free markets, maybe the ole government should remind the automakers who bailed them out 12 years ago.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Yep I paid the sticker price. Negotiated $700 of BS off. Would've gone harder on the negotiation but after 8 dealers in 3 days I knew I wouldn't get much more off (if anything) and I needed a car by Friday.

I walked on the Suburu because we agreed $12.3k. Sign a bunch of stuff... not in finance yet though. Sales guy keeps going to the manager every few papers I sign. Finally, before I go into finance I get... "oh, $12.9k is the best we can do, my manager thought it said $13.3k". I laughed in his face.

Take it as a warning for anyone who thinks dealers aren't still trying to abuse customers like it's 1975.
I didn't start out looking at Jeeps ,my wife liked the Durango we had several years ago. Pricing was crazy so I gave up on a Durango search . I would have thought the price of fuel would have an effect on the demand for gas guzzlers . I happened to talk to a friend about his Cherokee over the weekend so I came across a nice one. I was looking for a vehicle to tow a trailer and 4wd for skiing I'll probably only put a few thousand miles a year on it . I found a 2012 with 64k miles and a decent price . I got to the dealer 15minutes before they opened but the sales guy didn't seem to mind . The guy wouldn't shut up ...told me his whole life's story ...I can only imagine how much longer it would have taken if I had to finance it .
3 1/2 hrs later I finally got out of there , I'm self employed so I lost that income to boot .