• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tahoe Mid-April, Thoughts?

Kleetus

Have to head to SFO for work April 17-19. Was thinking of going out early and hitting Tahoe the 13-16 as I would be able to leverage my airfare.

I know it has been a low snow season out there, but that being said, a lot of the northern Tahoe resorts are around 90% of average snowpack for this time of year. Anyone have any intel on how things are skiing out there now or outlook for skiing mid-April? Not being familiar with Tahoe, not sure what kind of terrain is normally left for mid-April skiing other than that most stuff at lake level has normally melted out by then. Looking at the forecast, going to be springy this week, then potential to cool down with maybe another storm or two first full week of April.

Targeting mainly Squaw. May do Mt. Rose, Northstar, or Heavenly too depending on how weather pans out next few weeks.

Could also do Mammoth as well. Would be more of a drive, but if the snow pack is that bad could head there as an alternate.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

KustyTheKlown

probably in pretty good shape. was a horrifically slow start, but all of the gains getting them to ~90% snowpack have been in march.

if you are going to get an ikon pass, you get free skiing at squaw alpine and mammoth for the rest of this season.

bdfreetuna

Have a great time at Mt Rose... the one I really want to get back to. Winds shut down the lifts around 12:30PM when I was there, a real bummer and I was really only getting warmed up and orientated by that point.

Squaw and Mt Rose will surely have plenty of snow, probably most other places too.

mikec142

Squaw/Alpine have received 18 feet of snow in March after a disastrous Nov-Feb. I just got an email from Squaw/Alpine announcing that they will be open at least thru Memorial Day. You will have a blast!

snoseek

We passed 200 inches in march. Things are good here and hopefully a nice corn cycle sets up for you.

Edit I've pro probably got some vail resort freebies or at least half offs left and the heave is going to the 22nd now.