• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Tenney Mountain

Newpylong

Tenney Interview page 2

Skip down to the section " Which components of the snowmaking system have been salvageable?"

Just buy ONE gun, and show it off front and center, like all the other videos they've made. No need to go broke buying a ton of them yet. Just ONE... Lol!

Notice they've hardly made ANY videos on their FB page in quite some time now? Just ads for the pub in the Lodge. It's more of a clubhouse for the Condo developement, that just so happens to have a small, occasionally operating ski hill attached.

I would take everything in that interview regarding snowmaking with a grain of salt.

2planks2coasts

Has anyone heard any news about Tenney for this season?

Messaged them via FB. They answered and said they plan on being open, still working out the details with the state, but likely thurs-mon.
Really wish they would put that on their website or FB page. They are 20 minutes from me, but with the 01 Nov Deadline for many passes in NH, holding out for them to announce pricing doesn't seem wise.

Slidebrook87

I feel like Tenney’s biggest issue is that unlike other resorts that have reopened, they really haven’t done much to spread the word about it or advertise themselves as having something unique compared to other mountains. When Geoff took over operations at Magic he gave it an overhauled website, logo and he came up with a way to set Magic apart (a throwback). Tenney needs to get the word out there and at least try to make an attempt at distinguishing themselves. I doubt they’ll be able to continue operations much longer with COVID and the lack of skier visits they have been seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

machski

I feel like Tenney’s biggest issue is that unlike other resorts that have reopened, they really haven’t done much to spread the word about it or advertise themselves as having something unique compared to other mountains. When Geoff took over operations at Magic he gave it an overhauled website, logo and he came up with a way to set Magic apart (a throwback). Tenney needs to get the word out there and at least try to make an attempt at distinguishing themselves. I doubt they’ll be able to continue operations much longer with COVID and the lack of skier visits they have been seeing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IDK about that, I thought the Tenney owner's planned other things and maybe bring skiing back. So they brought the skiing back without spending much on that end, I think the skiing has always been a sideshow to other things they planned to do. Whether they continue the ski ops I think has more to do with of they progress on the other things they had lined up.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using AlpineZone mobile app

Smellytele

Strange things with that place. The guy who seem to own the place bought it for the water and mineral rights. Then decided to open it back up. There were some legal issues with a contractor.
Now it seems to be owned by some South American family.
The original guy seems to have taken on a different roll.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mbedle

Strange things with that place. The guy who seem to own the place bought it for the water and mineral rights. Then decided to open it back up. There were some legal issues with a contractor.
Now it seems to be owned by some South American family.
The original guy seems to have taken on a different roll.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone
Blanchard was never the owner, its always been owned by Alessandro Insolia and his family. Blanchard was the general manager of the place. Insolia is from Boston.

Smellytele

Blanchard was never the owner, its always been owned by Alessandro Insolia and his family. Blanchard was the general manager of the place. Insolia is from Boston.

No Blanchard never owned it but Sir Michael Bouchard has been noted as the purchaser in the past...
Tenney Mountain Ski Area, located in Plymouth, dates back to 1960. It flourished for years but hit roadblocks in the 80’s, compounded by financial problems involved with ambitious plans for nearby condominiums. It then went through four owners, including a Japanese company, before shutting down in 2010. In 2014, Michael Bouchard bought 900 acres on the mountain, including the ski area, for a reported $1.2 million.

From what I see he was part of the group that bought it and he is/was the CEO of Tenney Mountain Development. The first I heard of
Alessandro Insolia was last year. Bouchard has been the face of the investors group the whole time.

mbedle

No Blanchard never owned it but Sir Michael Bouchard has been noted as the purchaser in the past...
Tenney Mountain Ski Area, located in Plymouth, dates back to 1960. It flourished for years but hit roadblocks in the 80’s, compounded by financial problems involved with ambitious plans for nearby condominiums. It then went through four owners, including a Japanese company, before shutting down in 2010. In 2014, Michael Bouchard bought 900 acres on the mountain, including the ski area, for a reported $1.2 million.

From what I see he was part of the group that bought it and he is/was the CEO of Tenney Mountain Development. The first I heard of
Alessandro Insolia was last year. Bouchard has been the face of the investors group the whole time.

Sorry for the misspelling, but take a look at this interview.
https://www.wmur.com/article/tuesday-january-21st-tenney-mountain-reborn/30550728

Smellytele

thetrailboss

Staff member
Well that's unfortunate.
I think it is concerning to say the least. It is hard for a ski area to not open for one season. and then be successful. Tenney was already in the "rebuilding" phase and has a recent history of being closed for multiple seasons .

Did they pre-sell season passes for this year? (I think they did).

chuckstah

The base lodge/restaurant is open according to a friend in the area, and had a live band play last evening for New Year's, so all is not lost. Post seems to leave room to open at least briefly if natural snow permits during lucrative time frames at a minimum. Hopefully.

thetrailboss

Staff member
The base lodge/restaurant is open according to a friend in the area, and had a live band play last evening for New Year's, so all is not lost. Post seems to leave room to open at least briefly if natural snow permits during lucrative time frames at a minimum. Hopefully.
I wondered if the restaurant was still open.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bump.

Just saw a vague FB post by Mike saying how Tenney was "one of the best times" of his life. He said he "learned so much" from others and then goes on to thank people. Seems like he is saying it is over?

eatskisleep

Bump.

Just saw a vague FB post by Mike saying how Tenney was "one of the best times" of his life. He said he "learned so much" from others and then goes on to thank people. Seems like he is saying it is over?
Their website is gone or down too.

LoafSkier19

It’s strange. He then says in the comments that it’s not over yet and that he is on a “split mission”.