• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The American Accent Quiz

BeanoNYC

Is your brother named George?

seinfeld_costanzas.jpg

George is a Queens boy!

Grassi21

Riverdale is an island in a sea of bronx. ;)

Riverdale is a great area. When my pops wasn't teaching we would paint in the summer. We did a few jobs in that area. My Dad grew up on Gun Hill Rd. I think my Mom was on Olmstead Ave.

noski

I was pegged as Midland and am 5th generation Vermonter. My accent must be corrupt from all the visitors I deal with. Jeezum Crow.

YardSaleDad

Website
www.tirnalong.com
Spent many summers as a child in County Kerry, Ireland where my mom was from. My first 11 years in the Kingsbridge section of the Bronx, the next seven in the Hudson Valley, and few more in South Carolina and Okinawa.

I ended up with a Northern/Western New England accent. Go figure.

FRITOLAYGUY

I passed this on to a friend who has lived in Revere and East Boston her whole life and has that real real bad boston accent and she came up Midland, this test is Bogus.

Terry

It put me as a midland and I have lived in Maine my whole life. My family goes back to the 1700's all in Maine also. This test is BS.

bvibert

Staff member
I'm not sure if the test is BS or the way it's administered. Some of the questions I wasn't sure how I said a word until I said it out loud, but once ya start thinking about it you may throw yourself off. I bet it would be more accurate if a live person administered the test by asking you to say certain words to see the way you say them naturally.

ctenidae

Midland for me, but then, that accent is by design. Always let people make the wrong first impression.

Skier75

My result was: North Central!

Ayah, ah been asked if ah was either from Canada or from England! Duh, ah've been told ah've got a wicked Mainah accent, ayuh! That would be me, especially since ah've grown up in the Potland area all of my life with a fathuh from Houlton, ME. Can't git thah from heuh, no sur reah. Iffin ya do ya might not want to come back from the tatah pikin country.... ;)

I actually ended up with Mid Atlantic which is where I live..people who live near me have a combination of a PA dutch accent and a Philly/Baltimore accent..

My result was: North Central!

Ayah, ah been asked if ah was either from Canada or from England! Duh, ah've been told ah've got a wicked Mainah accent, ayuh! That would be me, especially since ah've grown up in the Potland area all of my life with a fathuh from Houlton, ME. Can't git thah from heuh, no sur reah. Iffin ya do ya might not want to come back from the tatah pikin country.... ;)

ahahahahahaa