• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The American Accent Quiz

gmcunni

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.

Hawkshot99

On another accent thought. Last night my father and I were watching a show about the battle of the Atlantic(WW2 German U-boats). They were interviewing sailors from the German, British and American sides. When the Germans spoke they had a translator talk so you could understand them. The British guys supposedly spoke English:blink:

Me and my father had no idea what half of what they said was.

ComeBackMudPuddles

full_428371978.jpg

"Neutral

You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.
"

i'm plain and neutral....and, unlike you regional hillbilly folk, my identity is 100% american!! U.S.A.! U.S.A.! :flag:

don't know how i ended up with this accent....i grew up in the same house in upstate new york, so i'm not from the region on the map (in fact, i've only been to st. louis for one day and otherwise haven't been to any of the cities on the map) and i haven't moved around a lot....plus, my parents are both not from the U.S. and speak with heavy accents, so, who knows?

dmc

Neutral
You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

ERJ-145CA

I got this accent:

Northern

You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.

Maybe I should be a newcaster.