• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Best Vertical Vs Time Riding Lifts Ratios in North America

BenedictGomez

TOP 30 VERTICAL DROP TO LIFT TIME RATIOS:

1. Revelstoke, B.C.
2. Snowbird, UT
3. Jackson Hole, WY
4. Beaver Creek, CO
5. Sun Valley, ID
6. Mt. Rose, NV
7. Whistler, B.C.
8. Stowe, VT
9. Keystone, CO
10. Steamboat, CO
11. Snowmass, CO
12. Hunter Mountain, NY
13. Loon Mountain, NH
14. Vail, CO
15. Copper Mountain, CO
16. Schweitzer, ID
17. Snowbasin, UT
18. Crystal Mountain, WA
19. Whiteface, NY
20. Okemo, VT
21. Lake Louise, Canada
22. Telluride, CO
23. Stratton, VT
24. Northstar, CA
25. Marmot Basin, Canada
26. The Canyons, UT
27. Durango Mountain, CO
28. Brighton, UT
29. Mammoth, CA
30. Mt. Hood Meadows, OR

http://unofficialnetworks.com/2016/...you-the-most-time-skiing-vs-time-riding-lifts

VTKilarney

It includes time spent waiting in line. That makes Wildcat's omission even more surprising.

deadheadskier

Staff member
7minutes up? Not round trip .

Camelback , I've had TTB under 6minutes 800'+- , 7 minutes for 2600' is smoking. Although isn't the Tram at Cannon 7 also?

Yes 7 minutes up.

I had thought about Cannon and even Jay for that matter with the recent Tram bitch fest. The travel time on a Tram is very efficient, the load / unload is not. Factoring that it's more like 10 minutes from the time you get on and off the Tram at Cannon or Jay.

snoseek

KT chair at squaw on a tuesday.

Gunbarrel chair at the heave if you like bumps

Sent from my LG-H345 using Tapatalk

cdskier

I'm sorry...I just don't see how this list is valid when it says you can get more vertical vs time at Okemo than at Sugarbush. You can easily lap the Mt Ellen North Ridge Express all day long even on a weekend with virtually no line. That's almost 1700 feet in 7-8 minutes if you fly down.

BenedictGomez

I had thought about Cannon and even Jay for that matter with the recent Tram bitch fest. The travel time on a Tram is very efficient, the load / unload is not. Factoring that it's more like 10 minutes from the time you get on and off the Tram at Cannon or Jay.

I live at 400 feet and can walk up the hill behind my house (800 feet) logging more vertical than the tram at Jay once you factor in the 3 hour and 37 minute wait.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I live at 400 feet and can walk up the hill behind my house (800 feet) logging more vertical than the tram at Jay once you factor in the 3 hour and 37 minute wait.

Observation: Your exaggerations are a little forced and you try a bit too hard to be funny BG. Pro-Tip: Good humor is subtle and arrives without effort.

There's a delay with loading and unloading a tram, but cumalitively the Jay Tram is basically a ten minute ride to cover nearly 8K feet distance and 2100 vertical. That's slower than a good HSQ, but faster than a fixed grip chair. Midweek, no line, the Tram bests the Bonny for vertical efficiency and doesn't lag the Flyer by much. Most times I'm there I find riding the Tram a couple times a day well worth it to ski Face Chutes. That's pretty awesome terrain.

VTKilarney

Observation: Your exaggerations are a little forced and you try a bit too hard to be funny BG. Pro-Tip: Good humor is subtle and arrives without effort.

When a salesman feels entitled to give a "pro-tip" about the nuances of comedy, it smacks of condescension. Just let the guy make his comments. There is no need to protect the feelings of an inanimate object. This thread was fun until that moment.

Last edited: