• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The dude next to me stinks

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've had that in meetings. That is very, very frustrating.

They don't believe (or just use) deoderant. Dunno why, cultural thing. Same thing in certain areas of europe.

SkiDork

When Tyrolean and I were both working for Digital (where we met) there was a Chinese guy who had bad BO. Eventually she got sick of it, and would literally spray him with air freshener when he passed by.

deadheadskier

Staff member
I've had that in meetings. That is very, very frustrating.

They don't believe (or just use) deoderant. Dunno why, cultural thing. Same thing in certain areas of europe.

If I had a dollar for every European server I've employed that I've had to tell "go put on some deodorant".......

always an awkward conversation

Warp Daddy

Oh Man, that is nasty ! S

Soap/water is cheap,

I'm probably a dinosaur but Frankly i don't give a damn about a person's so called cultural bias to lack of cleanliness . I f you want to work here adapt to the culture of the workplace .

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
As long as there is a policy on the books, this can easily be dealt with as a performance issue. It would be no different than showing up in wife beater and ripped jeans. If there is a policy on the books and someone does something not up to the policy, that is not that difficult of a conversation.

gmcunni

As long as there is a policy on the books, this can easily be dealt with as a performance issue. It would be no different than showing up in wife beater and ripped jeans. If there is a policy on the books and someone does something not up to the policy, that is not that difficult of a conversation.

i don't' think i've ever seen a policy calling for regular showering by employees. perhaps under a "hostile work environment" clause of HR? Where is Glenn, he's an HR guy?

maybe if you start walking around wearing one of these they will get the hint? http://www.healthcareapparel.com/shop/disp-scented-masks.html

Glenn

Some companies have a "scent" policy, but that's mostly for people who use a bit much perfume or cologne.

Usually, companies will have a "Personal Conduct" policy; and that will have a number of sub-sections. One that could be used in this case: " creating a a situation which seriously disrupts the work evironment...." That's a good catch-all that can be used for someone talking loudly on the phone or who isn't showering regulary.

deadheadskier

Staff member
i don't' think i've ever seen a policy calling for regular showering by employees. perhaps under a "hostile work environment" clause of HR? Where is Glenn, he's an HR guy?

maybe if you start walking around wearing one of these they will get the hint? http://www.healthcareapparel.com/shop/disp-scented-masks.html

pretty much every hotel / resort I've worked at has a personal hygiene policy. Staff are required to wear deodorant. There is also language in the opposite direction for excessive use of colon or perfume.

ctenidae

pretty much every hotel / resort I've worked at has a personal hygiene policy. Staff are required to wear deodorant. There is also language in the opposite direction for excessive use of colon or perfume.

I am strongly against the excessive use of colon in the workplace.

/awesome typo, FTW