• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

slatham

View attachment 50143Took this photo on Sunday of MLK weekend, must have been recent. Same spot you’re talking about
All I know is they are doing work on the lift. I saw the two chairs next to each other yesterday and today in different places. And I saw this a few weeks ago in a very different spot. But I do not know why the chairs are together like that.

Hillwalker95

Skied Fri and Sat at Magic. First time there -I understand why so many love it! Can't remember a place with less crowds on a Saturday. Whole mountain open and good conditions. The double blacks under the red lift were thin cover and crud got exposed. But since I'm no expert skier, I wasn't doing those. But the blacks on the west side (Sorceror, Heart of Magician, Talisman) were a lot of fun - soft snow, nice pitch and not too many people skiing them! On the East side, Mystery, Vertigo and Up Your Sleeve were great. They have also very thoughtfully have erected a large heated tent where we could change and eat lunch while socially distanced. No quad yet - that will make it even better. I'm a fan.