Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!
You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!
Back to the thread (not that I don't love VT beers) but how about the display of MARCH snowmaking at Magic! Talk about a new sherif being in town. Hate that they have to do it, but impressed with the commitment. So the next time someone asks if Magic makes snow, tell them "Hell yes, even in March if they have too!"
They had the guns running until Monday morning when the temps came up. Was yet another impressive change over the past.Back to the thread (not that I don't love VT beers) but how about the display of MARCH snowmaking at Magic! Talk about a new sherif being in town. Hate that they have to do it, but impressed with the commitment. So the next time someone asks if Magic makes snow, tell them "Hell yes, even in March if they have too!"
How much do folks think the potential Tuesday storm will help the west side? Is there any base left, or will it fall on bare ground?
Trying to figure out where to hit for a Wednesday day trip.
Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Totally believe that 4" based on the same amount just down the road at Bromley where I'm at now!! Weird, isolated squall last night - literally maybe a 1/2" at my place at Mount Snow when I left this morning - maybe an inch driving by the Sun Bowl at Stratton, and then by the time I got to the base of the Stratton Access Rd and turned into 30 to head up to Bromley that's where it became 3-4" and stayed that way all the way to Bromley
Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app
They got 4" last night which will help a bit - especially in areas that have moguls/base left as the snow will blow/fill in between. But they will need a major storm to get to say 90% (i.e. all but Black Magic and Magician). At this point there is a major storm possible this week so that is good news for sure.
My GUESS is that if they get 12" and can open a significant part of East side the they'd open Wednesday, though I wouldn't rule out waiting until Thursday, especially if it looks to snow more Wed/Wed night - in other words wait until all the snow has fallen.
But if they get 15"+ I would think you'd have West side options and Wednesday would be the day.
Of course I can't make Wed, but there is a chance I can get there for Thursday.
Fingers crosses, snow dances in action, thinking snow!
Lets hope those amounts come true. Certainly could. That would put us back in mid winter ski mode, and there may be more cold and snow coming too. As warm as late Feb was, could late March be that anomalously cold??
As I told Geoff a few weeks, I thought that not only would we get another powder day or two, but we'll get one in April, and we'll be skiing on Easter weekend. Hope so!
Josh Fox, MRG wrote about an hour ago: "Boom ! Models track storm farther west and this means 20-30 inches for MRG and most of Vermont"
There is also a strong likelihood of a "conveyor belt" of snow just adding to this through next weekend. Not only should the woods be ski-able, but the roads, cliffs and houses!
I'm heading up this afternoon. Radio silence since there will be no friends for the foreseeable future