• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The NEW Magic Mountain

ne_skier

Happy this is turning out to be a midweek storm(s) and not a Friday night thing - Let the weekday skiers chop up the powder into moguls first. Thursday looks promising.

slatham

Bummed I missed it. Very glad they got it, and a powder day out of it. Hope there was a good crowd.

MG Skier

Any insight on tomorrow? I read the snow report. Maybe I don't leave for the hill quite so early?
I can't manage the weekend but I want to get a day in!

NYDB

Any insight on tomorrow? I read the snow report. Maybe I don't leave for the hill quite so early?
I can't manage the weekend but I want to get a day in!
please post a conditions report if you end up getting out. going to get out Friday but don't know if I have to head north to pico/k or further.

GregoryIsaacs

Heck, I dont see any bare spots on blackline via the webcam so at least there's something to look forward to!

KustyTheKlown

they hopefully “locked in the base” (woof) but I certainly ain’t skiing it til at least 3” of fresh snow on top

MG Skier

Ok here is my report form today.

Magic, but not Magical...

The Good - Coverage, there is snow!!!! Lifts ran and yes, some fresh snow and it was quiet.

The Less than Good - Summit was firm when it opened, and the firmness travelled down the mountain all day with a stiff wind from the Stratton side. What was groomed was manageable and Showoff skied great until the afternoon until Mr. Freeze took it back. The natural/ungroomed trails were a challenge but workable if that is your thing.

In my opinion It will take some significant time in the groomers to make it happen for the next few days. Fortunately, Brownie and company make it happen. I don't see the steep natural trails opening as the freeze and breeze was a thing today.

I was certainly hoping for a better day condition wise but sometimes the day after a storm isn't always the greatest. Okay mother nature lets get back to work and get it together already!

See you in February Magic.

RustyGroomer

Better than expected seemed to be the consensus today. Good groomers. Natural trails skied great. Ones with prior snowmaking had some chunks.

Wizard was a pleasant surprise & skied real well top to bottom. Trail of the day. Hardly ever say that.

Need some brave souls to break the crust on the good stuff. Lots of snow.