• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The offical A zoner vote for minin summit 14/15

ScottySkis

I dont know how to set up the voting box thing. But I figure we should have on thread for this so we stop talking about it in last years years Sugarloaf trip report. And more ppl probably read this then that.

I love Maine but it far and louse time on the hill going all the way out thier and gas money. I sure a lot of metro NY and people who like would agree. As mentioned before I would love any where in North VT and or Cannon or Wildcat. Gore and Whiteface would be #4 or 5 on my list.

ScottySkis

Northern VT? Heck, that's almost as far away as Maine. How about Magic (because no likes the other SoVT mountains) or Berkshire East?

Well for me in Hudson Valley of NY I can get to Sugarbush in 5 hours. It like 8.5 hours at Sugarloaf. I be happy at Mountsnow, I love to due Magic but not sure how relibable it be with snowmaking compared to the resorts. We should set up maybe car pooling to save money Like minded ppl in certain cars if you know what I mean saftey meetings on gas breaks.

Yes Killington would be one I be happy to have it to.

MadMadWorld

2 for 1 on Super Bowl Sunday got a really great showing last year. We had about 10-15 people.

Long season and lots of time for meetups! Anyone coming from points central mass and south I'm always happy to carpool with especially Sundown folks.

Savemeasammy

Magic. Great mountain. Great vibe. This would get a vote from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Northern VT? Heck, that's almost as far away as Maine.

For most people? I don't see how.

It's about 6 hours from me to Stowe or Smuggs, but at least 8.5 to Sugarloaf (with a far greater chance for "longer" due to traffic).

xwhaler

Magic. Great mountain. Great vibe. This would get a vote from me.

Ditto. I wonder if something could be arranged with the upper pass lodge as well to do an overnight.....I hear the new owners have put some refurb $ into it recently

Savemeasammy

Ditto. I wonder if something could be arranged with the upper pass lodge as well to do an overnight.....I hear the new owners have put some refurb $ into it recently

I think the lack of lodging could be an Achilles heel for a magic meetup like this. Maybe JRMagic and rusty groomer have ideas? It's only 1.5 hours from here, so it's a non-issue for me.

ScottySkis

scotty, why don't you make some calls and see if you can put a deal together for us?

Just my job to start the thread on it I not a good sales person. I think I live that up to the people in charge of a zone. I be happy with magic probably could get sweet deal their I would think, And it not far from others places if we have a bad warm up.

Tin

There are several small hotels nearby that we could rent out and see if they'll give a lower rate there is Snowdon, Magic View, etc.