• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Wild, the Innocent and the Lift Line Shuffle

highpeaksdrifter

I hate aggressive mfers who have to keep trying to improve their position in a lift line. As you stand in multiple line segments waiting for the liftie to alternate these pricks have to keep inching up so that they get a shoulder past the person in front. They didn’t just improve their position by one group; they pass 4 or 5 cause of alternating line segments. The people they do it to are oblivious to what happened cause they are talking away, not paying attention or are passive.

The guy I hate the most is the guy who skis down to a lift line, stops near the front and yells “Anybody single?” like he’s doing everyone a favor. If he’s so seat utilization consensus, he should go to the back and pick up a single there and let singles already in line move up. There’s always someone in the front of the line who says they’re single so in the prick comes, excusing himself, going over people’s skis, nudging people and being a general pain in the ass getting to the single.

If I where king of the world I’d put all the aggressors to death, but I would spare the enablers cause they’re just clueless. Just sayin.

SkiDork

I hate aggressive mfers who have to keep trying to improve their position in a lift line. As you stand in multiple line segments waiting for the liftie to alternate these pricks have to keep inching up so that they get a shoulder past the person in front. They didn’t just improve their position by one group; they pass 4 or 5 cause of alternating line segments. The people they do it to are oblivious to what happened cause they are talking away, not paying attention or are passive.

The guy I hate the most is the guy who skis down to a lift line, stops near the front and yells “Anybody single?” like he’s doing everyone a favor. If he’s so seat utilization consensus, he should go to the back and pick up a single there and let singles already in line move up. There’s always someone in the front of the line who says they’re single so in the prick comes, excusing himself, going over people’s skis, nudging people and being a general pain in the ass getting to the single.

If I where king of the world I’d put all the aggressors to death, but I would spare the enablers cause they’re just clueless. Just sayin.

singles lines work pretty well at K

Although we've had the debate on the K board about whether folks should be using the singles line if they're part of a group. I say thats OK but many disagree

deadheadskier

Staff member
Any line over ten minutes and I'm riding singles line.

As to the original post. Have you been skiing in Europe? I'm going to assume yes as I know you're well traveled. If not, you may want to pack along a tazer. :lol:

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Most places I ski at offer a singles line, which is great for me. When there's no singles line, if I can easily spot a single, and get to him/her with out inconveniencing the rest of the line, I'm taking advantage of the situation. Otherwise, I take advantage of the opportunity to stretch out on the ride up.

highpeaksdrifter

Any line over ten minutes and I'm riding singles line.

I have no problem with anyone standing in a singles line. Even if they're in a group, it's their choice to bust up. It's where a singles line doesn't exist and a single tries to get in the front tht pisses me off.

Have you been skiing in Europe? :

I have and agre it is bad.

dmc

As to the original post. Have you been skiing in Europe? I'm going to assume yes as I know you're well traveled. If not, you may want to pack along a tazer. :lol:

In Kashmir the guide pays the guys with the guns to get to the front.. nobody complains... You just do what they say...

Guy with a gun - smiles and says - "go to front".... You go...

deadheadskier

Staff member
Did you feel uncomfortable? I don't particularly enjoy having fire arms around me, so I'm not sure that would be my cup of tea. Though the place looked incredible by your trip reports.

dmc

Did you feel uncomfortable? I don't particularly enjoy having fire arms around me, so I'm not sure that would be my cup of tea. Though the place looked incredible by your trip reports.

Not at all... We got used to it quickly.. and they were all pretty cool... A girl from the states was actually allowed to handle an AK for a picture... I gotta dig that one up..

dmc

As long as people don't push - I could care less if a single hooks up with a single.. I just don't like being physically pushed.. Like in Europe... :)

Riverskier

singles lines work pretty well at K

Although we've had the debate on the K board about whether folks should be using the singles line if they're part of a group. I say thats OK but many disagree

Generally I think it is fine for groups to use the singles line. Usually the singles line is pretty quick and it fills chairs. However, there were a few times last season at Sunday River where so many people were doing this that the singles line was actually a blatantly longer wait than the regular line. In those rare circumstances, I wish groups of people would use some common sense, especially since they have a choice and actual singles do not.

drjeff

Groups in the singles line, no matter how big, is fine in my book, AS LONG AS THEY RIDE UP AS SINGLES AND NOT TRY A WAIT AN EXTRA CHAIR OR TWO TO RIDE UP WITH ONE OF THEIR BUDDIES!!!!!!!:mad: :uzi: :uzi: :uzi:

I see that happen way too much. Most of the time I'm skiing with my wife, and most of the time we'll wait in the regular line queue, very often we'll be able to find another double near us in line to pair up with. But if we don't, when its our turn to exit the queue line and head to load, we're headed towards the lift, past the singles line exit as a double, and many, many times Iwe've had a generally early teens to mid twenties obvious group in the singles line have a person not go out and join the triple that may be infront of us to ride up buddy/buddy with us. If your in the singles line, that means that you should be planning on riding as a single and not look to ride with yuor friend.

As for "aggressive" liftline shuffle folks, my wife is usally good for a bold, agressive comment or two, especially if they're all over the back of her skis on multiple occasions, me, I plant my poles roughly between the tails of my skis and use them as a butt rest, does a pretty good job at keeping them out of "my space"

highpeaksdrifter

As for "aggressive" liftline shuffle folks, my wife is usally good for a bold, agressive comment or two, especially if they're all over the back of her skis on multiple occasions, me, I plant my poles roughly between the tails of my skis and use them as a butt rest, does a pretty good job at keeping them out of "my space"

Nice

campgottagopee

I’m confrontational by nature so I really need to bite my tongue in situations like that. I have a patience issue w/ stupidity like that and sometimes it gets the best of me. Most likely I'd call the dude out on it and let him know what I think of his actions.

tjf67

OMG Drifter is fired up this morning. I keep an eye out for that type of crap and dont let it pass.

snoseek

Life is too short too get all spastic over liftlines. Extra ten seconds?

highpeaksdrifter

Life is too short too get all spastic over liftlines. Extra ten seconds?

IMO, the time lost has nothing to do with it. I think that my skiing experience is just as important as everyone else. I don't like people who feel entitled to do what they want at the expense of others.

Everybody keeps mentioning single lines. I have no problem with them at all and never even mentioned them in the first post.

dmc

What I cant stand is when people hit the back of my snowboard... If they do it hard enough it can knock me on my ass..

snoseek

IMO, the time lost has nothing to do with it. I think that my skiing experience is just as important as everyone else. I don't like people who feel entitled to do what they want at the expense of others.

Everybody keeps mentioning single lines. I have no problem with them at all and never even mentioned them in the first post.

Noone likes these people, they define selfish but to let them bother you is a waste. They will always exist,you will teach them nothing and Monday morning they will pull the same shit in traffic.