• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This season (2022-2023) compared to other years past slow and rough starts on multiple ski mountains and resorts. Trail conditions and trail counts,

tnt1234

as it starts to come into focus, its apparent that its gonna be a tough storm to drive. snow starts thursday, so even getting into position thursday night is tough (and not really possible for me with work, anyway). driving anytime friday looks pretty sketch. driving early saturday may also have uncleared roads. it may be a wait til sat PM and go up to ski sunday sort of weekend. unfortunate, but grateful for the incoming.
I’m driving up to Catskills from nj Thursday after work. Hopefully not too bad. Booked a motel 5 miles from belleayre thurs and Friday. Looks like precip stops Saturday mid day.

Going further would be tough for sure.

KustyTheKlown

tara reid was so hot as bunny lebowski

now, she is... not.

(that's not an aging comment. lots of older women are gorgeous. tara reid is like a trainwreck person with hard drugs and bad craziness)

Granite1

I started skiing in 1972. I think skiing since 2000, thanks to huge advancements in snow making and grooming, that skiing has been just as good as the 70s-80s-90s. There were some really bad seasons back then too. One year in the 70's, the Rockies had very little snow, they were actually coming East to ski. Another major factor is equipment and tuning. Todays skis and tuning are so much better, plus skis used to get destroyed by rocks, grass and dirt back in the 70s and 80s, even in good snow years. No one knows what the next decade or two will bring-could stay about the same-or get better-I don't think it will get worse. I'm always hoping for long-cold-snowy winters.