• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This Weekend 2/22

Twism86

Website
gardenstatetrout.com
So my sister finally has decided she wants to dig her board out of the garage and hit the snow with me. Of course she picks this Saturday where its supposed to be above freezing and rain Friday....

Does anyone think anything will be decent within a few hours of NJ?? Blue is the normal go to but with rain Friday and a high of 51 Saturday it will be soupy to say the least.

flightschool

I would have her save her money and wait for March 1st weekend. It will be less busy (school break ends this weekend) and we have 2-3 opportunities for snow coming next week. If she waited this long, there is no hurry!!

Twism86

Website
gardenstatetrout.com
Next weekend is a no go unfortunately..... I will be in VT but not skiing :cry: The friend im visiting does not partake in winter sports so the skis stay home. Its pretty much torture though, from her front porch you can see Mt. Mansfield and the lights at night from Bolton....

4aprice

So my sister finally has decided she wants to dig her board out of the garage and hit the snow with me. Of course she picks this Saturday where its supposed to be above freezing and rain Friday....

Does anyone think anything will be decent within a few hours of NJ?? Blue is the normal go to but with rain Friday and a high of 51 Saturday it will be soupy to say the least.

Was just up a Camelback today. Spring preview, plenty of snow, rain should do little damage. Get out there and get it. Plenty of bumps at Camelback if your into that.,

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

dlague

Smooth groomers bore me!

Our teenagers say the same! I take the approach of taking what the mountain gives you! Better off skiing groomers then not skiing at all! There have to be bumps or something that makes it interesting!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

mulva

I'm thinking Elk will be a good option this weekend for those of us close to the Poconos/Endless. Those guys have it together, never let me down. I'll be there Sunday morning.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I would have her save her money and wait for March 1st weekend. It will be less busy (school break ends this weekend) and we have 2-3 opportunities for snow coming next week. If she waited this long, there is no hurry!!

My experience is that in all of the areas I've skied in the east, the crowds happen early in the week, and things kind of fizzle out to a regular weekend crowd. I think some of it is that they leverage the holiday and the other is that they burn out or lose interest.

I think we've got NH/VT vacation weeks coming up, but since the populations are so much smaller, the impact is negligible. As far as conditions, meh.

With that said, I notice a lot more areas are blacking out the Sunday after President's day week. In the past they had not.

BenedictGomez

I'm thinking Elk will be a good option this weekend for those of us close to the Poconos/Endless. Those guys have it together, never let me down. I'll be there Sunday morning.

I might give that place a go this weekend too, never been.