• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This weekend? NY? VT?

abc

I was going to head over to Maine (Sugarloaf). But unfortunately I just found out I can’t leave on Thursday night and take Friday off. Have to hold down the fort at work.

It’s too long a drive from lower Hudson to da Loaf after work Friday. Plus, there’s some snow on Friday which most likely will slow the traffic further. Have to resign myself to some place less than 5 hrs drive radius. So probably somewhere in NY (Bell/Windham/Gore/WF) and VT (K/Pico/Stratton/Okemo).

I still have most of my MAX days for every one of the MAX line up in the east. It’s a matter of which mountain.

Killington is one such candidates. They’re also upfront that they’re “shrinking their footprint” with some closing of lifts & lodges, though fortunately no terrain shrinkage (if I believe 100% what’s on their web site). This got me anxious. What about other mountains? Who’s closing lifts and shrinking their terrain? And who’s still fully open? This time of the season, that’s a significant concern.

lerops

I am thinking Pico since they are closed during the week but if they have too much damage, then K or Stratton if I decide to save K days for later.

I skied all NY areas on Max Pass this year. Just due to snow patterns when I skied. Not on purpose.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

kingslug

Dust on crust. Skied Belleayre sunday..same temps..icy bumps and groomers. Winter is not letting go..and not in a good way

watkin

Stratton closed Sunbowl after last weekend if that affects your decision at all. Not happy about it myself, but I will be heading there on Sat as I have a $25 ticket voucher.

jmarble

Skied Wildcat on Sunday and it was pretty good. Upper Wildcat never softened up but by midday Black Cat was great for ungroomed terrain. Polecat woods and catacomb were soft and fun. They got 3" up top last night and more coming Friday. I think this weekend will be good there. I'm going.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I wouldn't call 4"-6" "dust" on crust...obviously not bottomless pow but it should get some more naturals open.

I don't know what I'm going to do. If things keep trending the way they're going SoVt might be able to get some of the action Saturday-Sunday in addition to Friday's storm. Killington, Pico, Stratton, Okemo, Magic, Mount Snow all in my mix. I'll be bringing my Killington/Pico spring pass, Max pass, and industry letters...who knows where I'll go!

skiur

Mogul challenge weekend at K, bear will be packed with the partying and the rest of the mountain will be empty. Just be careful driving as there will be a huge police presence in the area. NOAA calling for 5" at the peak.

ironhippy

Ste Anne, Le Massif.

Agreed, I just noticed they are getting hammered.

I was planning on being there tomorrow and Friday but never pulled the trigger :(

Short Term Forecast:

Today Snow and blowing snow changing to freezing rain near noon then to snow this afternoon. Snowfall amount 10 to 15 cm. Wind northeast 50 km/h gusting to 70. High zero.
Tonight Snow. Local blowing snow overnight. Amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind east 30 km/h gusting to 50 becoming southwest 60 gusting to 90 late this evening. Low minus 9.
Thu, 5 Apr A few flurries ending in the afternoon then a mix of sun and cloud. Wind west 40 km/h gusting to 60. High minus 6.
Night Clear. Low minus 13.
Fri, 6 Apr A mix of sun and cloud with 60 percent chance of flurries. High plus 1.
Night Rain showers or flurries. Low minus 2.
Sat, 7 Apr Periods of snow. High plus 3.
Night Cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Low minus 7.
Sun, 8 Apr Periods of snow. High minus 1.
Night Periods of snow. Low minus 9.

abc

I guess I’ll play it by ear on Friday to see how much snow ACTUALLY materialize then. 4” could start to change things. 2”, not so much.

Bummer Stratton closes Sun Bowl. But I guess it’ll be too cold for corn this weekend anyway...

kingslug

K or Stowe..have to see. K I pay..Stowe is paid for. But my wife gets upset when I talk about weekend decisions..on wednesday. Hmm..gives me an idea about a thread.

KustyTheKlown

boooooo whiteface moved pond skim from 4/7 to 4/14. my girl was excited to hang and watch pond skimming and so was i. i guess it will be too cold and wintery for the participants this weekend.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
What are folks deciding?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Okemo picked up 2" this afternoon. Looks like a strong band hitting Stratton/Magic/Mount Snow right now. Magic is my likely candidate for tomorrow but if Killington can get in a strong band overnight I'd rather ski there with my spring pass.

prsboogie

Sunday River tomorrow, not sure if there will be a Sunday trip in my weekend plans.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk