• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This Weekend

Tin

than go to Kmart and deal with all the gapers and HS doppelgangers.

No joke there were people there Wednesday after 14" in jeans, 70mm waisted race skis, and racing poles. I could not believe it. There were more people with race and old shaped carving skis from the early 2000s than anything else. It's gaper heaven. My favorite was a middle aged man with a thick Jersey accent screaming on the phone how he was stuck in Vermont because of "8 f---ing feet of snow".

Tin

Not that extreme and not a majority. Was quite the sight, kind of like the Provincetown of ski areas.

Kleetus

Was going to wait and hit K Sunday for the possible AZ'ers meetup to burn this 2 for I have but have decided to now go tomorrow due to the opening of Bear. Stay at the TOR. Then hit Mt. Snow on Sunday due to my season pass. Was very tempted to do Jay tomorrow but I'll give it a little more time for woods coverage to improve.

Any AZ'ers going to K tomorrow instead of Sunday?

Savemeasammy

Was going to wait and hit K Sunday for the possible AZ'ers meetup to burn this 2 for I have but have decided to now go tomorrow due to the opening of Bear. Stay at the TOR. Then hit Mt. Snow on Sunday due to my season pass. Was very tempted to do Jay tomorrow but I'll give it a little more time for woods coverage to improve.

Any AZ'ers going to K tomorrow instead of Sunday?

I have family stuff on Saturday, so it's not an option for me. Even so, Saturday lift lines at Killington make me wary! Let us know how it is tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
I can deal with the liftlines. Its the trail congestion that turns me off on Saturdays at K. Hell even the Sunday we skied two weeks ago had busier trail conditions than any place I skied last year.

Savemeasammy

I waited in a 30 minute line for the Blubird this morning. That is way beyond my tolerance level!

I'm sure every chair will have an ass in it at Killington tomorrow, but hopefully the terrain expansion spreads people out enough. The skiing should be excellent. Mt. Snow had some glades open - even near the bottom, so I'm sure everywhere else in VT will be good to go. That heavy base layer did wonders.

MadMadWorld

I waited in a 30 minute line for the Blubird this morning. That is way beyond my tolerance level!

I'm sure every chair will have an ass in it at Killington tomorrow, but hopefully the terrain expansion spreads people out enough. The skiing should be excellent. Mt. Snow had some glades open - even near the bottom, so I'm sure everywhere else in VT will be good to go. That heavy base layer did wonders.

This is raising my stoke factor. I would love to go Saturday but I will settle for Sunday. I will settle for everyone's left overs

Savemeasammy

Yes. $12 tickets. And I think that everyone was trying to get on the hill at the same time. They got the gse spinning, and lines were much better after that. We were one and done on the bb though.

abc

This weekend is actually K's club appreciation day. I'm somewhat disappointed that, of the TWO clubs I belong to, neither had distributed the stickers.

But I'm only halfheartedly disappointed though. I've got so much that needs to get done in the next couple of weekends, it would have been kind of chaotic to shift things around in order to find the time to ski this weekend.

It's my lost really. I don't normally start skiing before Christmas. So I was in no way ready to hit the hills when the storm came. As it stands, I'm just not ready both mentally and physically.

steamboat1

I can deal with the liftlines. Its the trail congestion that turns me off on Saturdays at K. Hell even the Sunday we skied two weeks ago had busier trail conditions than any place I skied last year.

On a Friday??? Holy Crap! Did they not have the summit quad running as well??? If not, that's bullshit.
Talk about bullshit

Did they not have the summit quad running. I can deal with liflines, it's the trail congestion that turns me off, busier than any place I skied,

Waaaaaaaaaaah !!!!

Holy Crap

Last edited:

deadheadskier

Staff member
Um,......coming from the guy that practically makes it his job to say he skis K midweek only so he can avoid the crowds.

I share the exact same opinion on weekend skiing at K and you make fun of that opinion, hence you make fun of yourself.

You are one socially awkward individual.

Last edited: