• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

This Weekend

4aprice

Never too early to start thinking about the weekend. Puckit got me fired up with that Cannon vid. For me road trip to see the daughter in Vermont Saturday and the boy in NH Sunday. Not quite sure where I'll be either day yet but Sunday leaning toward Bretton or Cannon (If summit open). Open to any and all suggestions.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Bumpsis

I was thinking about Cannon as well but since so little of terrain is open, I'll wait. If the weather is good (dry), I'm hiking.
Just bought some new Hillsound train crampons so I'm hoping to find some ice and do some righteous crunching. I've been using microspikes for a while now so I'm looking forward to finding out how well the Hillsides do. . Let's hope it doesn't rain.

RustyGroomer

Heading to Bromely Saturday with a small Magic crew. Talks of a Magic lap Sunday once we see how it looks.

Savemeasammy

At this point I think the wife is staying home - may have my 3 boys or some of them.
You solo?

No wife/kids. Just hoping to make turns with a few AZers. Hopefully we can do a small meetup.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WWF-VT

I'll be at Sugarbush - trying to get there for Friday

Dec 10th update

As the day moves along the skiing and riding has only gotten better! We received 13" over the past 24 hours and the snow has started to fall again. Forecasts call for 2"-4" tonight. Temps tomorrow should hover around 30 degrees so expect another good day at Sugarbush!

Ropes dropped throughout the day and plans call for even more terrain to open. We expect to open 48 trails tomorrow including... Castle Rock! We are scheduled for a delayed 10AM opening for the Castle Rock Double with open trails from top to bottom. We also plan to open Gate House this Friday. Stay posted for the latest updates!

chuckstah

Mad River Saturday for opening day assuming they pull the trigger with both main lifts operating.

chuckstah

I am rethinking my plans. Sugarloaf is reporting 102 trails and almost 500 acres. Decisions are going to be tough.

yeggous

I'm planning on Bretton Woods on Saturday for EICSL Kick-off. Can't beat $25 lift tickets! Sunday is a question mark. I plan to ski but also have to be on a 7:50pm flight from Logan.

HowieT2

I'll be at Sugarbush - trying to get there for Friday

Dec 10th update

As the day moves along the skiing and riding has only gotten better! We received 13" over the past 24 hours and the snow has started to fall again. Forecasts call for 2"-4" tonight. Temps tomorrow should hover around 30 degrees so expect another good day at Sugarbush!

Ropes dropped throughout the day and plans call for even more terrain to open. We expect to open 48 trails tomorrow including... Castle Rock! We are scheduled for a delayed 10AM opening for the Castle Rock Double with open trails from top to bottom. We also plan to open Gate House this Friday. Stay posted for the latest updates!

me too. working on the thursday getaway now.

KustyTheKlown

im pretty bummed that i cant get out of work this week and need to be home saturday night. i cant get out until after midnight on saturday night/sunday morning. i'm in nyc, and i'm thinking either gore, sugarbush, or stowe, but may stick to catskills bc its a sunday only day trip. but meh the catskills. i'll probably leave at like 2:30 AM and head to sugarbush and be very very tired on sunday night.

catsup948

Founders Day at Mount Snow skipping work Friday, Berkshire East Ski school training Saturday, Sunday I'm taking my son on a special trip to Pico.