• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thoughts on the K2 PE's??

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I'm considering this as my new touring ski. It has a wood core, but is probalby on the ligher side for wood.

Anyone demo them, have any experience with them? 85 mm waist... and cheap, most importantly. Because I like cheap.

Hawkshot99

Never toured with them, but skied them for the past two years. They are pretty light I guess, but I don't have anything else to compare to right now.

Here is a response I had in a PM to someone about them:

I have owned two pairs of PE's in the past 2 years. In the 05-06 season a pair of 169's and a pair of 174's in the 06-07. I am around 240 no gear, 5'11".

I absolutely loved the skis. They handled good for me on real hard packed days and were ok on the ice(but how much can you expect from something that wide on ice?) But the fun of them was on the softer days. They were great for me. Blast through the crud, or float pretty decent as far as I was concerned. I had several true powder days on them and was very impressed with the ski. They are not like a regular twin-tip. They are very stiff when comparing them to most twin-tips. I have skid several other twins, and simply could not ski them. They were noodles compared to my PE's and I had no confidence on them.

When choosing your length, go up one size from what you would be on a regular ski. Regular skis in the 170 range were the perfect length for me, so I bought the 169's. Didn't take into account all the length that you lose from the turned up tails on them. So when I replaced them I went with the 174 which is very similar to 170 area normal ski.

I loved the ski and may get another pair, or may switch over to the Line Prophet 90 for next season.

koreshot

I have the older PEs, the ones with 80mm under foot. I like them for all around, good on groomers, can carve pretty hard snow if you tune them, and great in bumps and trees. Pretty stiff for a twin tip so it stays solid on speed and doesn't get bounced around too much in the crud.

That said, they are too small for me and I am moving to something else. If you want them, PM me, I was going to sell them over at TGR. They are 3 years old, about 30 days on the hill, with some scratches and edge dings, but nothing that can't be tuned out. drilled once, 179cm.