• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Thunderbolt Ski Run 2012 Race

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
The 2012 race has been set for February 11th, with a rain date of March 3rd. Registration opens on Columbus Day. Same format as the previous 2 years...100 racers UP the Superhighway, and 100 racers DOWN the Thunderbolt in 1 minute intervals. Huge party and awards to follow.....

TSR Members have first dibs at registration.
Thunderbolt race is apt to become a members only race, due to the growing membership. Suggest you join now if you want to race.

Our 3rd Annual Movie Night will be on November 12th, 2011 at Plunkett Midle School in Adams. Come out for a family night of ski and adventure films, food, raffles, and prizes.

jerimy

Registration

Any word on when registration for the event will open? I am a TSR member.

snowmonster

Hey, thanks for the heads up. I though't I'd get an announcement on this too at around this time. You may want to email the new race director. His address is on the email message sent to members over the summer.

telegirl

Registration 2012

I e-mailed Blair Mahar and he responded that the 2012 registration site is not up yet. It should have been up this past weekend. Blair stated that all members will receive an e-mail when it is ready to go.

Great race! Can't wait!!

telegirl

Just a reminder!

Registration for the Thunderbolt is now underway for members. Nonmembers will be able to register beginning Tuesday Nov. 13th. The race will be limited to 100. Fee for members is $75 and for nonmembers is $90. This is an awesome and unique race so if you have any desire to attempt it you should register soon.

bigschuss

Registration for the 2012 Thunderbolt Ski Race is now open for TSR club members only. 80 slots filled in the 1st 24 hours.

Registration opens for the public at mid-night on November 14th....the remaining 20 slots are going to go quick!

Ski Heil,
Blair

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
CANCELLATION NOTICE - Due to lack of snow, the Thunderbolt Ski Race has been CANCELLED for 2012. Thanks to all who play part in making this great event a possibility. -

Hawkshot99

^ Bummer but not unexpected. Has anybody been on the Bolt this season? I've been looking for TRs before I make the drive out there.

It is not skiable. There might be 2-3 inches on the ground up there, but way more is needed. Although e may be getting a storm on Wed. night.

(I live 25 mins away from the Thunderbolt.)

Watatic Skier

So, why did they stop having races there first time around....?

Lift served areas probably could offer more services and, and hike up races lost popularity because they would take ages. Also after the 40's Massachusetts wasn't exactly the place for any major races.